Week 0

With a heavy backpack over my shoulders I stood in front of my new school, Canterlot High. 

Putting my hand in my pocket I grabbed hold of the blood red crystal. Going into my other pocket I pulled out the folded piece of paper. Opening it I looked over the parchment trying to understand the weird scribbles that were written on it. It seems to be in another language, something ancient I think. Pulling out the stone I began to recite the spell.

"Bialnisbat li hubiy 'an 'akun wahdan 'iilaa al'abad!"

To my surprise the red gem glowed. Not a whole lot but bright enough to notice. It also felt warm, like the sun on a warm day. Soon the light and the warmth faded, returning back to its original state. 

Looking at the gem once more a strange sense of confidence flowed through me, giving me the courage and the hope for a better life.

"Get out of the way loser," came a shrill female voice from behind me.

With a sharp hit to both my shoulders I fell to the ground, barely holding on to the gem. 

"Well, look what we have here. Fresh meat," cried out another girl.

Looking up, dirt on my face, two girls were standing in front of me looking smugly at me. To my left stood a fiery orange girl with hip length red and yellow wavy hair wearing a black leather jacket and an orange skirt. The one on the right was a light purple girl with waist long purple hair with green streaks. She too wore a black leather vest over a green shirt and torn dark blue jeans.

"This is going to be a fun year," smiled the orange girl. 

"A new toy to break in," smirked the light purple one.

But before I could do anything another girl from behind me called out.

"Leave him alone, you two!"

"Oh look who it is, twinerd, coming to the loser's rescue," mocked the orange girl. 

"How heroic," the light purple girl grasped her hands and pulled them to her cheek, "Hey, your knight in shining armor is here to save you," she laughed. 

The two girls then walked away laughing all the way to the school doors. 

"Here, let me help you," said the girl from behind. Grabbing my arm as she hoisted me up to my feet.

I was now standing in front of a purple girl with long purple hair done into a ponytail with a dark purple and pink stripe down her entire length. She had large black rim glasses wearing a striped blue shirt and a purple skirt with pink stars on them.

"Thank you," I said softly as I brushed off some dirt from my clothes. I hastily put the gemstone into my pocket, completely forgetting about it. 

"Sunset and Starlight, the school bullies. They think they rule the whole place," the purple girl snarled while looking back at the school doors before turning back to be with a smile, "my name is Twilight, what's yours?"

"Sunstone," I said nervously as this was the closest to a girl I had ever been.

"Nice to meet you Sunstone," she started before looking at me in shock,"you can't go to school looking like that!" Pointing to my shirt. 

I looked down to see my white shirt was all dirty.

"Come, Rarity would know what to do." She then grabbed my arm and pulled me into the school. 

~

The school hallway was sparse with only a dozen or so kids getting ready for the first period of class. Twilight hurried around the small crowd to get to the arts and crafts room.