❦ Haruka x Minori- Finding help ❦

HUGE TW FOR ED MENTION!

The shadows painted watercolour dapples over the school bathroom floor, but Haruka could barely see them through her tears

The shadows painted watercolour dapples over the school bathroom floor, but Haruka could barely see them through her tears. The girl in the mirror grinned at her, taunting her.
You'll never be pretty enough.
You're too fat for an idol.
Everyone is better than you.
You don't deserve to be an idol.
Haruka bit down on her lip, stifling a sob, knowing that classes were happening all around the school, boring lessons marching on in uninterrupted tedium, and that the rest of MMJ, worthy idols, were working right now, not standing alone In the bathroom, hands shaking, a useless member of the group.
You should just quit. Nobody needs you. They'd all be better of without you there, dragging them down.
Tears began to slide soundlessly down her face, as her head screamed with despair, deafening, the same voice taunting her, again and again.
Never enough.
Never enough.
Never enough.
Never-
"Haruka? Are you ok? What's wrong?"
Sunlight sliced through the room as Minori stumbled in, her face rippling with confusion.
"M-Minori! It's- nothing-"
"Haruka! You're crying!" Instantly, Minori rushed over and wrapped her soft arms around Haruka.
"I'm- ok!" Spluttered Haruka, but Minori held on, until Haruka gave up on hiding her feelings. She began to sob, ugly, wide-mouthed sobs, completely improper for an idol. Her body shook, but throughout it all, Minori held her, whispering quietly in her ear. Simple compliments, some not even making sense, but they felt like a million plasters over a shattered heart.
Eventually, Haruka managed to stop crying, and lay her pounding head on Minori's shoulder.
"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" Asked Minori quietly. "Y-you don't have to! I know you probably don't want to tell a beginner like me- I wouldn't understand-!"
"No. I will." Haruka took a deep breath, and began.
"I have these thoughts. In my head. Constantly telling me I'm a terrible idol, that I don't deserve anything, that I'm too fat." She whimpered, and Minori hugged her tighter, on her chest, not her stomach.
Haruka prepared for Minori to flinch away at her next words. To be disgusted. To be repulsed. To think she was weak.
"Minori... I think I have an eating disorder."
Instead, Minori didn't let go. She didn't even flinch.
"Haruka... it's ok. We can get you help! I don't know much about eating disorders, but I'll make sure to educate myself!" Minori promised in her sweet voice. "But I know how hard it must be for you, and how brave you are!" Tears began to fall again, but Haruka smiled this time.
"Thank you, Minori. I don't want to ruin your dream-"
Minori shook her head instantly.
"No! Haruka, your health is the most important thing to me. If we need to have a break from MMJ, we will." She vowed, and Haruka began to smile again.

If anyone wants to vent, my dms are open, but I'm really bad at comforting people, but I'll try my best 💙🧡
Remeber if you have from and ED, it's not your fault and you're not alone, and please seek help if you can. Keep going, because you're beautiful and unique. Slayyyyyyy.