⌘ Shizuku x Airi- Rainy days ⌘

Whyiamgay

Rain poured onto the pavement, dull silver in the cloudy darkness that shrouded the sky, the sun nowhere to be seen

Rain poured onto the pavement, dull silver in the cloudy darkness that shrouded the sky, the sun nowhere to be seen. Airi sighed, stepping out of the school bike shed and into the downpour, the pitter-patter of the rain singing on her umbrella. She fumbled for her headphones, about to put them when she heard someone yelling behind her.
"Airi! Airi, wait!"
Puddles splashed and glittered as Shizuku sprinted up to her, her silvery hair plastered to her head, shivering in her cardigan and school uniform.
"Oh, Airi, I forgot my umbrella, and I can't walk home with Shiho, because she's already left! Can I walk home with you?" She panted, wrapping her arms around herself.
"Oh, Shizuku! Again? You need to start remembering thing like this!" Airi sighed, dragging the taller girl under the umbrella. She continued to berate Shizuku as she pulled off her coat, wrapping it around Shziuku's shoulders.
"Oh! Don't you need this, Airi?" Shizuku started to take it off, but Airi pushed it back.
"No, you're shivering! You have it. Come on, we've got training tonight in the Sekai!"
The two girls began to trudge home, the rain strengthening with every step. Lightning flashed through the sky, a thunderclap sending Shizuku shivering into Airi.
"Quick, let's go into this café." Airi suggested, and they staggered into the café, the warmth blooming in their cheeks. Airi blushed, slightly annoyed at herself- even soaking wet, shivering, her hair coiled in soaked ringlets, eyelashes dotted with rain droplets, Shizuku looked beautiful.
"I'm ordering you a drink. What do you want?" Airi approached the counter, tugging her purse out of her pocket.
"Oh, Airi, don't worry about-"
Another shriek of thunder barrelled through the sky, and Shizuku flinched, suddenly grabbing Airi's hand and squeezing it.
"Hey, it's ok." Airi whispered, leading Shizuku to a booth in the corner, still clasping her hand. "So you don't like thunder, huh?"
Shizuku sighed, leaning her head on her hands.
"Yes, ever since I was little... and I suppose I never grew out of it." She blushed, looking up at Airi through delicate tears.
"Hey, don't cry! You know, Minori's scared of horses, so you're not the only one who's scared of silly things." Airi found herself rubbing Shizuku's hand, taking it again, and the warmth melted something inside of her.
"I'm scared of some stupid things too... like, I hate spiders."
Shizuku giggled quietly.
"Really?"
"Yep!" Airi laughed. "I can't stand them! I always have to get my parents to get rid of it."
"Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one..." Shizuku sighed, glancing out of the window. "Oh, look, the rains stopped!"
"Well, let's get going." Airi sighed, trying to resist the urge to just stay here with Shizuku all night.
"Wait, Airi..." Shizuku muttered. "Do you want to come round my house? You can meet Shiho, and-"
"I'd love to!" Airi grinned, picking up her umbrella. "Right, let's go!"