꒰ა♡໒꒱ Mafuyu Asahina x reader-Real laughter ꒰ა♡໒꒱

UwU_Chan902

"Hey, Mafuyu! Look at this video!""Mafuyu! Isn't Aoi sooo funny!" "Mafuyu, look at this post!"I watch as Mafuyu flits from person to person, beaming obediently, laughing weakly, until she takes a seat beside me as form begins, the hollow smile dis...

"Mafuyu! Isn't Aoi sooo funny!"
"Mafuyu, look at this post!"
I watch as Mafuyu flits from person to person, beaming obediently, laughing weakly, until she takes a seat beside me as form begins, the hollow smile dissipating.
If I hadn't found out about ONE and Nightcord 25, I would have continued to see it as completely genuine. But now, I know how to peel the pretence away, and I know who the real Mafuyu is.

"Mafuyu." I'd asked her after class one day. "Can I talk to you?"
"Sure!" She beamed, hair glowing in the afternoon sunlight. "What is it?"
"Can we go somewhere private?" I stammered.
We ended up crouched beneath the staircase, in an empty corridor undergoing maintenance.
I passed her my phone wordlessly, open on a song by Nightcord 25. I'd listened to it a bit, and instantly recognised her voice.
"Is this you?"
Her face closed. The light glimmering in her eye disappeared, like a blown out match.
"Yes. But you can't let anyone know."

"Hey, Mafu!" I grin, and she looks at me with a blank expression.
"Why do you call me that?" She asks monotonously.
"It's cute, isn't it?"
I earn an emotionless stare.
"I suppose." She adds eventually.
"So, what are you doing tonight?" I carry on.
"My mother says I need to revise more." She mutters.
"Well, she's going to have to wait, because I'm taking you out for dinner!"
"Hm?"
I lean back on my chair, and Mafuyu looks at me oddly.
"So... a date?" Something flits across her face- it could be confusion, or... something else?
"If you want it to be." I smirk, and her cheeks begin to redden. "So- meet me outside school at... 5:00?"
"Why here?" She murmurs.
I wink at her again.
"It's a surprise!"

꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱

I jog towards the school, sweating slightly in my best outfit, my neatly brushed hair ruffling in the wind. I smile as I see Mafuyu, staring at the dusty-pink flowers edging the pathway, dressed in a loose white dress and a pink cardigan. It's the first time I've seen her out of her school uniform or that cardigan and trousers; she looks stunning.
"Wow, you look beautiful." I smile, stepping beside her. "Pink really suits you."
"Oh. Thank you." She smiles ever so slightly and I feel my heart light up. "Normally, my mum picks my clothes, but today... I felt like I wanted to wear something different. I'm not sure why." She murmurs.
"I'm glad you did." I link hands with her and lead her to the restaurant I wanted to show her, since I realised it was opening soon.
The sun has just began to set, spilling orange light over everything, turning Mafuyu's hair into curling waves. I bite back the urge to run my fingers through it like a river.
"We're here!"
Mafuyu stares at the whitewashed building with an identical bland exterior.
"What is it?"
"Close your eyes, ok?" I take her by the shoulders, leading her inside.
"Is that... a filter?"
"Surprise!"
I remove my hands from her face, watching her eyes flood with blue light as she takes in the fish tanks all around. A few chairs and tables are in the centre of walls of fish tanks, housing a rainbow of fish, casting a blue light over everything.
"Oh, y/n... it's beautiful." For a few seconds, her face lights up with a smile. It spreads into a grin, and I watch her, my heart speeding up with excitement.
"Ok, let's get something to eat."

꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱꒰ა♡໒꒱

For the entire meal, I try to make Mafuyu smile again. Most jokes fall flat- even some of my best material. We leave after a few hours of chatting, eating and me laughing at my own jokes.
As we leave, my foot slips on some water. I sail into the air- and collapse on the floor.
"Hehe... hehe... hahahaha!"
A sudden sound rings out behind me. The most airy, sweet laugh I've ever heard.
"Mafuyu... you're laughing?"
"Oh... I suppose. I think I am." She giggles, smiling broadly.
I smile as she helps me to my feet.
"Thank you. I've loved this evening." Mafuyu grins, as we head home.