꒦꒷⊹ Rui Kamishiro x reader- Melting ꒦꒷⊹

breadarchon

"It's too hot

"It's too hot... I feel like I'm melting..." I groan, leaning back on my chair. It's 4th period, and every minute ticks past achingly slowly. It's the hottest day of the year so far, and we're stuck in a classroom for another... 2 hours...
"Hey."
I turn to my boyfriend Rui, his face alight with that devious smile I've learnt to anticipate means something interesting is about to happen.
"Get ready to run in about... 10 seconds." He whispers.
"Rui-"
The classroom explodes into smoke, neon pink clouds covering every surface. I feel a warm hand in mine, pulling me out of the room, into the corridor, away from the school.
"RUI! What was that?!" I pant as we come to a halt outside, trying to suppress my laughter until it bubbles out and we collapse onto the floor, laughing uncontrollably.
"Well, at least we're out now. We can enjoy the hottest day of the year." He grins, stretching his arms like a cat. "So, y/n... what do you want to do now?"

꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦꒷⊹ ꒦

"It's... around here somewhere..."
Hand in hand with Rui, I search the hedge, sweating furiously. We're standing in the most boring field ever: scrubby,cropped grass, a few random bursts of wildflowers, and a line of hedges stretched along one side, but I know there's something behind here.
"It's ok if you can't find it." He reassures me, stroking my tangled hair absentmindedly.
"No, it's- oh, found it!" I grin, reaching through the cramped gap and pushing away the branches.
We struggle through the gap, into the clearing, and I hear a gentle gasp from behind me.
It's a clearing, about as wide as a classroom, and completely overflowing with wildflowers. Roses, lavender, delphinium, dandelions, sunflowers, every colour of the rainbow stretching out in the tiny space.
"Sorry if you think it's boring..." I mutter, arms wrapped around myself.
"Of course not! It's incredible." He grins, pulling me towards him and kissing me urgently, his hands cupped around my face.
Before I can even realise what's happened, he rushes off, inspecting each flower, and I'm left to smile to myself at
our first kiss.