˚₊✩‧₊ Kanade x Mafuyu/Mizuki x Kanade Angst - Lost love ˚₊✩‧₊

Disclaimer- I don't hate Mafuyu x Kanade, I love it, I just was inspired to write this after the most recent event

"I need to save her."

"My music... it has to save her, or I... I don't know what I'd do."

"Mizuki, I... I love her."

It was another night, another call, Kanade muttering to herself as another song trickled through Mizuki's headphones, another song for her.
Mizuki posted another bite of gluey noodles into their mouths, chewing emotionlessly, not even registering the taste. What was the point of watching what they ate, if the one they were trying to look good for only cared about a different girl?
"Hey, Mizuki. Does this sound ok?" Kanade asked, and a beautiful melody tinkled through Mizuki's headphones. It was another song, that was likely to be scrapped after Mafuyu cast it away with empty eyes, always demanding more.
Mizuki knew it has horrible, horrible to hate Mafuyu. Mafuyu, a girl so much like them, a shattered China doll- but Mizuki hates her anyway. For being so beautiful. For being a perfect girl. For taking Kanade away from them.
"It's beautiful, Kanade. Honestly, it's stunning."
Kanade mumbles a thank you, and Mizuki gathered their courage, muttering the next few words.
"Do you promise not to delete this one, if Mafuyu doesn't like it?"
"Huh?" Kanade murmured.
"You... so many songs, you've deleted because she doesn't like them... they're amazing, but you always delete them." Mizuki could feel passion, fury building in their chest. "I wish you didn't let her dictate your music. You're forgetting about all the other people that need to be saved!" Mizuki was yelling now, blind and babbling with fury. "Like me. You only care about HER!"
Silence, shocked silence from Kanade. Mizuki froze, tears bubbling in their eyes.
Then, they heard a sound that broke them again.
Kanade was sobbing on the other side of the screen, quiet, murmured sobs, like a tiny animal in pain.
"Mizuki... I'm sorry— my music- all it does is hurt people that I care about." She sobbed, and Mizuki's mouth formed words, but they were stuck like glass shards in their throat.
"I— I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't make music anymore. I- I should just stop."
"Kanade!"
With a gentle pop, Kanade left the chat. Mizuki
slammed the call button, sending terrified chats, texted Ena, Mafuyu, even Honami- but nobody could get a response.
Kanade has just disappeared.
And it was all
Mizuki's
fault.

˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧˚₊✩‧

6:00 am the next morning, the sky was heavy with clouds like concrete. Mizuki pulled their coat closer to their shoulders, tears streaking down their face. They'd been to Kanade's house once- and fortunately, remembered the route.
Every footstep, every splash of rainwater, every creak of the drain- reminded Mizuki of the horrible, horrible things that could be happening in Kanade's room, bathed in blue light from her monitor.
Mizuki and Mafuyu pounded on Kanade's front door, panting, spirit's hands choking their throat.
The door creaked open, unlocked.
"Kanade? Kanade?" Mizuki whimpered, creeping upstairs. "Kana-"
The room was filled with shattered plastic, blue light from a ravaged monitor bathing everything in a sickly coating. The room had been torn apart, keyboard keys like pulled out teeth littering the floor, headphones torn in two.
In the centre of the room, Kanade, eyes completely blank, mouth open, alive but completely empty.
Mafuyu rushed towards her, arms wide.
"Kanade, I'm here, darling, I'm here." Mafuyu whispered, haloing Kanade' limp body in her arms.
"Maf...uyu?" She whispered, and Mizuki started sobbing from the doorway.
"It's ok, Kanade. I'm here." Mafuyu whispered, and Mizuki began to retreat, leaving the couple alone, sobbing as they ran home, knowing they would never be whole again.