❋Rui Kamishiro x reader- Part of the team ❋

ruisloverboy

"Honestly, y/n, you're going to love it! Their performances are so bright and colourful and loud, it'll definitely give you more confidence

"Honestly, y/n, you're going to love it! Their performances are so bright and colourful and loud, it'll definitely give you more confidence." Saki gabbled, dragging me along the increasing dilapidated path to Wonderland x showtimes stage. The sound of carnival music, the smell of oil and rust, the once-vibrant beam of a stage rise above the tree canopy, floating towards us in a candy flood cloud of excitement. My nervousness fades slightly, replaced by pure awe. The stage is actually huge, glossy with fresh paint, and music blares from a robot stationed in the corner.
"SAKI!" Saki's brother bounds over to meet her, wrapping her in a powerful hug before surveying me.
"Saki, is this your friend... y/n?" Saki nods, and Tsukasa sticks out a hand towards me. "It's great to meet you! Welcome to-"
"WONDERLAND X SHOWTIMES! WONDERHOY!!!" Squeals a pink-haired girl that teleports beside him, squeezing me in a strong hug.
"We're so glad you decided to join us!!! You have to be the most amazingly talented dancer EVER!" She shrieks, leaping up and down.
Eventually, I'm introduced to everyone: Tsukasa, Emu, Nene- except for the last member, who's somewhere below the stage, working on pyrotechnics or something.
"You should go talk to Rui... I'm sure he'd want to meet you!" Saki grins, basically pushing me down the steps into the basement.
"Ok!" I smile, tip-toeing down into the basement.
The scent of oil, flames and metal floats up to meet me, slightly threatening, like descending into hell.
"Hello?" I call out into the darkness, cautiously stepping off the steps. "It's y/n? I'm the new lead dancer?"
Suddenly, there's a blaze of fire, and a figure darts towards me and turns on the light switch right beside my hand.
"Oh, y/n. I've been excited to finally meet you." Rui grins, with the slightest hint of something mischievous.
"It's good to meet you too." I blush slightly, brushing a hand through my hair absentmindedly. "So... when's our first performance?"
Rui laughs softly.
"Well, you're going to need a lot of extra practise to catch up. I'll help you, if you want?" He offers, and I feel myself being drawn towards the tall boy, before I sharply stop myself. I can't get stupid crushes before my first actual performance!
"Sure, I'd love to."

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋

Panting and weary, we leave the stage. It's been 3 months with WxS, and it's been... weird, definitely, but amazing, as well. I feel like I've truly made some new friends- especially Rui.
"So, y/n. Why don't we go and get something to drink, to celebrate your 3rd month with our troupe?" Rui asks, and I agree instantly.
It's not awkward anymore, and we walk side by side, our hands brushing freely with a fizz of energy.
"It's been incredible, honestly. It's really... I feel like I've made some real friends, for the second time ever."
Rui's face begins to break into a comforting smile.
"I feel the same way. I've never really known what it's like to have friends... and I've never dated anyone, either." He adds, slightly quietly.
"Neither have I." I whisper.
Suddenly, our hands are together.
"I've really enjoyed these extra training sessions." Rui pauses, and it's just like my most perfect dreams. "I was wondering... if you wanted to start dating?"
I feel blush bursting in my cheeks, and struggle to find my words for a second, before they dash out in a blaze.
"Of course I would!" I reply, and we carry on walking as the sun sets over wonder stage.