°₊·ˈ∗♡ Rui Kamishiro x reader- Virtual love °₊·ˈ∗♡

Sorry for two Rui oneshots in a row
But it's what the people want and I will deliver 🫶
REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN BTW
Xyouami

Sorry for two Rui oneshots in a row But it's what the people want and I will deliver 🫶REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN BTWXyouami

"A world created by... feelings?"
Kaito nods, his warm hand clasped in mine as he leads me towards the fairground that will be my new home:
"Yes! It's our job as virtual singers to help Tsukasa and his friends find their true feeling!" Kaito explains, and I shake my head, my brain still fizzing with unfinished code.
Straightening my shirt, an eclectic mix of neon colours, I follow Kaito to meet the other virtual singers: Miku, Meiko, Rin, Len and Luka.
"Guys!!!" Miku squeals. "They're here!"
The sky begins to ripple, as four people leap through.
My eyes instantly flick to the tallest boy, and his amber eyes meet mine, a smirk playing across his features.
"WAIT!" The candy floss-haired girl squeals, pointing at me. "Are you a new virtual singer?!"
"Oh, I recognise them/him/her." Rui smiles. "You sang that favourite vocaloid producer song, didn't you? Virtual love?"
I blush as the word 'love' rolls of his tongue.
"Yes. Virtual love." I bow, and when our eyes meet again he's still grinning.
My stomach flutters with butterflies. I never understood the lyrics of the song... an Android learning to experience an impossible emotion named 'love'.
But now I think I might be staring to discover it.

°₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·ˈ∗♡°₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·ˈ∗♡ °₊·

A few weeks later, as the bubblegum-blue sky of wonderland fades to indigo and glitters with stars, the portal opens again. Miku and everyone else are off somewhere, so only I approach.
"Rui!" I smile, but it fades as I realise he's... he's...
"You're eyes! They're not supposed to do that, right?" I reach up and brush my fingers underneath his eyelids, touching the droplets that form in tiny crystals from his eyes.
"It's a human adaptation." He explains softly, taking my hands.
"Doesn't it hurt?" I ask, and his face creases with an emotion that must be... misery.
"I was thinking... my first mistake, really... and, I..."
His voice drops to a whisper. "I think I'm in love with you. A virtual singer. Who I can never be with."
My voice breaks, droplets forming in my eyes too. Not from misery... but from joy. Love.
"Oh, Rui... I feel the same." I whimper, burying my face in his chest.
"You do?"
"Really. I..." I pause, emotions coursing through me. Joy, shock, ecstasy... and...
"I love you, Rui."
He replies instantly.
"I love you too, y/n."
Love.