ʚĭɞ Emu x Nene- summer nights ʚĭɞ

kuromiandmymelo57

Sunset had dyed the sky a velvety purple, candyfloss-pink clouds whipped in perfect puffs in between them

Sunset had dyed the sky a velvety purple, candyfloss-pink clouds whipped in perfect puffs in between them. A neon blur emerged in the distance, and the sound of whirring rides, laughter and sugary pop music reached them before the entire fairground came into view.
At first, Emu had been adamant against betraying Phoenix Wonderland, but everyone else had convinced her to visit the pop-up fair that had appeared suddenly for the week.
A shiver trickled through Nene as they approached the rides: many were over 50 metres tall, and one reached out into the sky like a groping, metal hand, a circle where seats swung in a circle in the sunset.
"There is no way I'm going on that..." Nene muttered, just as Emu squealed-
"Nene, PLEASE can we go on that!"
"Come on, Nene... it can't be that scary..." Rui grinned. "It'll be relaxing."
"Can't we go on something else instead first?" Gulped Tsukasa. "Something calmer?"
"What about... the caterpillar coaster?"
Rui pointed to a kiddy coaster, shaped like a plump caterpillar in the corner, and Nene chuckled as Tsukasa screeched in fear.
"Nene, PLEASEEEE can we go on that!! It's so tall we can touch the clouds! Maybe we can eat them!" Begged Emu, and Nene sighed, her brain and heart voting for very different options.
Eventually, her heart won.
"Sure..." She sighed, and Emu shrieked with delight and grabbed Nene's hand(fortunately, she didn't notice her blush), dragging her over to the queue, Rui and Tsukasa following them.
The yellow-ponytailed attendant checked their wristbands, and Nene and Emu jumped onto one of the seats, the boys taking the one behind them.
Nene checked the bolts on the seat anxiously, trying to stop her hands from shaking. Was it too late to leave the ride now? Her brain protested.
That's when Emu grabbed her shaking hand, her bubblegum-pink eyes wide with excitement, and all her fear fell away like cardboard cutouts.
"Are you ready?" Cried the attendant, a heavily tattooed, red-haired boy wearing a top hat, and Emu squealed, waving and pulling Nene's hand up with her.
"Ok, let's GO!"
The ride clattered as they were pulled up into the air, the world shrinking into speckles of light. Soon, they were suspended in the sunset, the summer wind tickling their hair, legs swinging.
Emu supplied a running commentary, and Nene listened contentedly, staring at their legs as they swung in time.
"Nene! You have a buggy in your hair!" Nene felt a soft hand reach into her hair and pluck out a ladybird, that flittered away instantly.
"Thanks, Emu." Nene murmured, and instead of continuing to gaze at the view, Emu stared at her instead.
"Nene, have I ever told you that you are the bestest singer ever?" Emu smiles suddenly, and Nene blushed.
"Thank you... you're good, as well." Nene replied, and Emu's eyes flitted away, then back to her face.
"You've made the performances so much better! I love performing with you!" Emu sighed, looking like she was searching for the right words.
"I know I'm annoying, but-"
"You're not annoying." Nene jumped in instantly, and Emu giggled.
"So...Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

If you can spot the vocaloid and Fanloid in this chapter you get a gold star ⭐️