✯ Honami Mochizuki x reader- Apple pies ✯

Thank you for requesting this- Leo/need needs more love
naeneko

I drag another desperate hand through my pockets: all I find are a few bits of blue tack, a paper clip and random scraps of paper

I drag another desperate hand through my pockets: all I find are a few bits of blue tack, a paper clip and random scraps of paper. No coins. No money. I think back to this morning, when my lunch went tumbling into a puddle, and my stomach growls.
Smells from the school canteen waft over, sickeningly sweet, and I sigh, preparing to make the walk back to my form, before someone taps lightly on my shoulder.
"Hey! Y/n, right?"
A soft voice trickles towards me, and I turn round, finding myself staring into two soft cotton-blue eyes, creased in a genuine smile.
"Oh, hello Honami!" I reply. "Is everything ok?"
"Yes, well..." A pink blush blooms on her cheeks, and she hold out a sweet-smelling package, wrapped in a napkin. "I thought you looked hungry, and I was wondering if you wanted this? It's an apple pie. I bought two, since they're my favourite. You don't have to eat it! I know it's random-" she babbles, and I take the pie and take it bite as she continues, flustered.
"Thank you!" I moan through a mouthful of apple pie.
"Do you want to eat them together in the courtyard? My friends are doing catch-up revision with Saki." She explains, and I nod, eager to stay in her presence .
We find a secluded spot, under a canopy of emerald trees, blooming with red apples, and sit beside each other. The bench is stunted, so we have to squish together a bit, our hands touching slightly, her sweet, apple and chlorine smell wafting towards me.
"So, y/n, did you forget lunch today?"
I cringe, before explaining.
"I dropped my lunch in a puddle." I mutter, and Honami looks genuinely distressed, her round face merging into a frown.
"Oh, that's terrible! Poor you!" She sighs, and I laugh softly.
I sigh as the apple pie become only a few crumbs, and the end of lunch draws close. Even on the slightly cold spring day, I feel warm next to Honami, like she's a hot water bottle.
My hand heats up- I realise she's taken my hand.
"Do you want to meet up sometime? Outside of school?" Honami asks nervously, her eyes darting away from my face.
"I'd love to!" I exclaim, and just as I say that, the bell rings.
"Well! See you after class?" She smiles, and I nod. As she rushes away, I smile to myself, strangely glad that I dropped my lunch today.