5

*Third Person's POV*

Team Flash was situated in the cortex while Ralph was cast to look after the kids in the play room. Cisco officially made him a babysitter which Ralph half protested as he got to draw with the kids.

"But you gotta fill me in later!" He called before leaving with the little joyful kids.

"Sure!" Cisco shouted and then turned to the people in front of him. "Now, we can start."

Caitlin nodded and walked towards the computer to show her friends what she found. She clicked the site and the information appeared on the big screen.

"A man struck by artificial lighting?" Iris mumbled in confusion.

"Yes," Caitlin nodded. "I read the whole page last night. Turns out two months ago a man named Milton Terrington was struck by artificial lighting made by him. People just assumed it was an accident, his own experiment backfiring on him so no one looked after it that much."

"But he has been M.I.A. since then?" Cisco questioned.

"Yes, I think he got what he wanted, he gained super speed from the accident which probably wasn't accident and then disappeared." She answered. "My theory is that he's been training since then to face Flash and take away his speed because artificial speed doesn't last too long, it's like Velocity X but a little longer, that's why he's lightning is blue and the reason why he's faster then Barry."

"It's like Zoom." Barry concluded. "He's after speed force. If he can't gain my speed then he'll lose his. He needs mine to connect with the speed force."

"That's why he was after Nora too." Iris said as the realisation hit her too. "Barry, we need to take her somewhere safe, far from this speedster." She walked up to him but Barry looked too much in thoughts to answer.

"Barry?" Caitlin walked up to him too. He was still pondering until Caitlin touched his arm lightly. He quickly snapped away and glanced at everyone in the room.

"I um, I was thinking about how he knows my identity. He came in S.T.A.R. Labs and almost attacked Nora. Iris and I made sure no one other than family knew that she has superspeed so how did he know?" Everyone in the room was quiet for a minute before Cisco spoke up.

"Maybe he detects speed?" His words came out more like a question but for Caitlin it made perfect sense. However she hoped they were wrong.

"I mean he's a scientist for a reason and the article also describes him as an engineer, surely he could've made something like that." She still said.

"Or he could've just found out Barry's identity somehow." Iris spoke. "If he had such a device then he would've known about Wally too. I'll call and check on him just in case." She turned to Barry. "Meanwhile, we need to find a place to hide Nora."

"And we need to try and pinpoint Milton's location." Cisco clasped his hands and motioned Caitlin to follow towards the computers.

When Barry and Iris left Cisco turned to his friend finally asked her. "If he has a speed detected device, wouldn't he know about Dawn's speed too?"

Something twisted in Caitlin's stomach. "I don't know." She told him truthfully. "And I hope we're wrong. But either way Barry and Nora are still in danger."

"True, but we can test our theory." Cisco said while placing his pencil on his jaw and thinking. "Power dampening necklace that Dawn is wearing could be a factor why he didn't try to take her speed few days ago. If he in fact has the device then it would be a disturbing factor for it."

"Cisco, I'm not going put my daughter's life in danger just to test a theory." Caitlin told him firmly.

"No, of course not! I would never suggest anything like that! I'm just saying that if one of us used Velocity X and if he came for our speed then that mean he detects it, but if not then he just knows Barry's identity." Cisco elaborated.

"But he only seems to want a real speed that connects to speedforce. I doubt he would come for Velocity X, I mean he could've easily taken it or just steal the formula." She pointed out.

"But what if one of us gets Barry's speed?" He asked with an expression saying he had a horrible plan.

"Cisco... What do you mean?" She asked him carefully.

Turns out he planned to take away Barry's metahuman powers and give it to someone else like it happened when a meta accidentally gave Barry's powers to Iris. But before that they actually had to create something that would do that.

They searched up for Milton Terrington's whereabouts but didn't find anything. The duo decided to call it a day and left S.T.A.R. Labs along with Dawn.

Caitlin and her daughter arrived at their house after long day of working. Caitlin made dinner while Dawn drew in the living-room. Mother Snow placed the plates and the food on the table and then both of them sat down.

"Mommy, this is delicious!" Dawn pointed out.

"Thank you, sweety." Caitlin smiled and drank water.

After they finished dinning, mother-daughter duo sat down on the couch with blanket over them watching a movie. Caitlin was stroking Dawn's hair as she was laying near her lap.

Suddenly, Dawn asked her mother. "Mom, how did I get my powers?"

Caitlin was taken a back and took a moment to answer her question. "You were born with them, honey. Like me."

"And like Nora too?"

Caitlin only nodded.

"Can't I tell her about my powers? She can run fast too."

Caitlin sighed sadly. "I'm so sorry, dear but none should know that you have powers. Don't you remember the big bad guy that came after speed few days ago?"

Dawn remembered what happened and nodded. "I won't tell anyone." She whispered.

"Honey, don't be scared." Caitlin soothed. "Frost and I will protect you." She smiled.

"Of course we will. I won't anything happen to my favourite niece." Frost's voice was heard as Caitlin's eyes glowed icy blue.

Dawn giggled. "I love you and Frostie."

"We love you too." Her mother smiled and pulled her child in a tight hug.

"You'll have to tell her." Frost said in her mind.

"Not, now." She responded.