17

*Third Person's POV*

On Friday, Caitlin spent her morning cleaning her house with Dawn, then they went on grocery shopping, made a pizza, orange juice and found a perfect dress for Caitlin to wear on her meeting with her old colleagues.

"Mom you look dazzling!" Light brown haired girl remarked.

Her mother smiled and looked in the mirror again. Then she turned to her daughter and frowned.

"I don't want to leave you alone." She said. "When's Barry coming?"

"Soon, and I won't be alone, I have Fluffy with me!" She lifted her toy bunny.

"Yes, Fluffy is a good company but you still won't have any adult at home." Caitlin argued.

"Well, don't worry. Barry will be here soon, I'm sure of it. You go have some fun. You can call and check on me but don't call too many times because that would mean you're worried about me instead of having fun! I'm gonna instruct Cisco to hide your phone." She warned.

A laughter erupted in the room and after finishing up their conversation, Caitlin and Dawn went outside and organized the living-room for Dawn's movie night.

"Now go, mommy! Have fun, and I'll call you if I'll need anything! Barry's probably on his way!" Dawn pushed her mother towards the door.

"All right, but I'll call Barry and check if he's really coming."

"Do it on your way to Cisco's! I'll talk to Harriet!" She told her. Caitlin gave her one last nervous glance and walked out of the door. "Have fun, mom!" Dawn smiled and waved her hand along with bunny's.

Caitlin calmed herself down and smiled back. She saw heard Dawn lock the door. With relief, she sat down in the car and drove towards Cisco's apartment.

Once she picked up Cisco, they drove to the restaurant where their colleagues were meeting.

"Too bad we worked together only because of the evil speedster who's obsessed with the Flash." Cisco said while playing with the seatbelt.

"True, but at least he's gone now and we're seeing our old friends like normal people." Caitlin responded.

"As if we're normal. You're a meta, I'm a meta, your child's a meta, my girlfriend's a meta, our best friend's a meta, his kid is a meta, the child's mother's father's girlfriend's a meta and our another friend is a meta. Awesome, right?" He grinned at her with stupid expression.

Caitlin gave him an odd look. "When you put it like that..."

Cisco chuckled. "A meta-human family. One of a kind."

Caitlin smiled at her own unique family, even if it was complicated.

Now that she was going to meet her old friends, she somehow couldn't shake the feeling that Ronnie should he here with them. He deserved a better life. Instead, he died, sacrificing himself for this city. Caitlin rarely wondered what it would've been like if Ronnie lived but everytime she came to one conclusion, she wouldn't have Dawn. And now she's more than grateful for having Dawn beside her. Thus, Ronnie wasn't the one she loved now, nor he was her true love anymore. He had special place in her heart, but that heart always belonged to someone else. Someone she despises, someone who's probably with her daughter now watching her favourite movie.

"Cisco, can you text Dawn? Ask her if Barry arrived." She suddenly said. Her friend did as he was asked.

"She said you shouldn't worry. Have fun, her orders." Cisco replied. Caitlin rolled her eyes with a smile.

Finally, they arrived at the new restaurant. Caitlin being Caitlin, texted Dawn few more times and got the same answer that she was fine and she should have fun. And Caitlin did. Cisco made sure of it. He actually hid her phone.

The night fell and Caitlin dropped Cisco home and drove towards hers.

She opened the door of her house, expecting some loud noises, movie on and Barry and Dawn having fun but instead... Instead she found her daughter laying on the couch, her head covered with her hands. She dropped her bag and walked to her. Dawn took off her hands and glanced at her mother, eyes puffy and red, face wet from tears. Her bunny toy was laying on the couch next to her.

"Dawn... What happened?" Her mother asked, panic visible on her face. Dawn crawled next to her, laying her head on her lap. She cried quietly and muttered, "Barry didn't came..."

Caitlin gasped silently. She stared at her daughter's sad figure and started strocking her hair. "I-it's all right, honey... Maybe there was a meta-attack that got him hold up?"

"Then why didn't he answer my texts? Or calls? I'm-I'm really upset..." She continued to cry.

Caitlin pulled her up and wiped her tears. "I'll talk to Barry, okay? There's surely a reasonable reason why didn't came. Let's watch the movie together, what do you say? I'll make chocolate cookies and we can order burgers and coke!" She smiled brightly, trying to cheer her kid.

Dawn only shook her head in denial. "Sorry, mom. I-I just want to sleep."

Caitlin's face fell off. She nodded and pulled Dawn in her arms. She started singing her favourite lullaby and in seconds, Dawn was in deep slumber. Her mother placed her in her bed and covered her with a blanket.

Once exiting her room, she texted Barey but got no answer. Deciding to give up, she layed down next to Dawn, both angry and confused at Barry.

He said he would come.