Vampires

Prince Caelestis had his younger brother beside him who I recognised as Prince Kayin. Prince Kayin was in the year below his brother and he looked very similar, just a little shorter and more muscular. Beside them however was someone who I had never met. A small girl, she had the same red eyes as her brothers. This was likely Princess Elvira. It would be her first year.

Yami noticed me staring, "Your eyes don't deceive you, he did get hotter."

"Right," I smiled and looked away from the prince.

With the addition of the students from the Hirasawa mansion, Mrs Bedwyr followed behind them and walked up to the double doors that opened up into the main body of the school. She pushed them open with some effort, having to use her horse body to brace, once the doors were open she turned to the crowd, "Come in, Come in, Third Years lead to the grand hall!"

Yami, Modesta and I stepped to the front to be among our third year classmates. There were some that were taking control of leading the first years. Such as Ephvangeline Hirasawa, of course, she was a werecat and top of the class. She and the Prince had a crazy rivalry. They were both titans of power and their clashes were legendary. I watched as the Prince avoided her but led the vampires in on his own.

I moved to be behind him and caught the end of a conversation.

The Princess whispered to her brother, looking dejected, "You're still the hottest one here."

"Of course I am," He replied without looking down at his sister.

She wasn't entirely wrong I supposed.

We walked into a massive room. It would have been a ballroom if the castle were functioning as a castle but instead, it is used as our assembly room. A big chandelier hung from the ceiling. The walls were painted and decorated with such detail yet time had taken its toll and it was dull. There was a stage in the corner of the room, likely for a band but now the principal stood upon it. Everyone quickly took their seats.

Mr S watched over us patiently, I had always wondered what kind of Alpha was he back in his day. He stood tall and proud with a few scars over his face and hands, I would guess there would be many more.

He started to speak and everyone quieted down, "Welcome back, I'm sure this will be a great year where we will achieve many great things. And it is nice to see so many new faces among us. For those who don't know me, you can call me Mr S and I'm the principal here. I'm not really one for speeches so I'll pass on to our healer."

A woman in a neat doctor's uniform stood up and walked up to the mic with a sweet smile, "Hello I'm Mrs Szandor the school's healer so if you have any problems don't hesitate to come to me. These days, the gods know we could all use a bit of help."

There was a little bit of murmuring amongst the students as Mr S stood again.

"I'll now introduce you to your Coordinators. I am your werecreature coordinator, Mrs Bedwyr the greek coordinator, Mr Jervis the fae coordinator, Mr Tsukuda the minor myth coordinator, Miss Gristlecharm the magic coordinator and Mrs Fhaolain your predator coordinator," He pointed to each of the teachers, "Now please go to your coordinator so we can begin."

Each of the teachers were standing around the room but I walked up to Mr S, and he led us to our homeroom. Each day would begin with a homeroom class where we would be with our myth type and then we would break out into our year level classes.

For myself that meant I would be with the werecreatures. That included werewolves, werecats and one werefox.

As we were walking an arm wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into someone's body. I looked up into the brown eyes of Lucius Amane. Behind him were Rome Aname, who I knew was now in second year and who I assumed to be his younger siblings, Rose and Haven. The Amanes weren't part of a pack; they also lived at the Hirasawa mansion, a little bit like a parasite. One could say they were their own little pack but they acted more like rogue wolves than anything. Their parents were neglectful and it shows. Yet with the year above me gone, they were my only friends left in homeroom. I certainly wasn't going to spend time with the Hirasawas.