Unexpected

"What does he want?" I couldn't help but sound a little annoyed even in front of the Luna, and she picked up on it.

"I'm not sure but it's rude to keep your guests waiting," she said.

Caelestis stood up, "I'm curious about this too. Him of all people?"

Lucius, what could he want? Had he scurried here just for refuge, surely he would have let me know beforehand if that was the case though? Showing up invited, that was unusual.

I sighed and explained to Caelestis, "I made the mistake of inviting him back here." Far too many times than I'd like to admit.

"I expect that you won't leave him waiting long," The Luna said very strictly before walking off.

I looked at Caelestis, "Let's see what he wants."

"I'm more wondering how he got here and how he managed to leave that house," Caelestis pondered.

"He's a lone wolf no one cares where he is," I dismissed and walked out of the library, Caelestis followed close behind me. It was so strange, I was honestly a little on edge.

We walked through the house and through a living room full of wolves, some without shirts because that is just their life apparently but whenever I did that it was considered 'indecent'. Such bullshit. The wolves looked up at Caelestis as they walked through, some were curious but others were a little aggressive. In a way that was a little animalistic but also intimidating. I looked to Caelestis, he was unbothered. Good. He knew to stand his ground against them. If Caelestis flinched or looked meek they would judge him and look down on him. Perhaps I would too.

He walked over to the front door and I opened it to see Lucius standing outside. He looked fine, his clothes, while tacky, weren't damaged in a way to suggest he'd fought his way to get here. The slippery little shit probably didn't find it that hard to get past the myth hunters. And no one would notice his absence.

Lucius looked at Caelestis, "What is he doing here?"

Caelestis answered simply, "Refuge. A lot of us are here for that."

"Pussy," Lucius spat then looked to me, "Varinia I need to talk to you. Alone."

I rolled my eyes, he was so dramatic, "Wait here Caelestis."

Caelestis looked a little concerned but said, "I'm fine with that. Sort out whatever you need to."

I walked out into the forest with Lucius, I was worried about what kind of stupid stunt he was about to pull. When we had gotten far enough away I turned to him, "What is it Lucius?"

Lucius didn't say anything, with a wicked glint in his eye he grabbed me, pulled me close and kissed me.

It took me a second to react to it, it was so sudden, I pushed him off with as much strength as I could muster, "Fuck off I'm not in the mood."

He stalked closer to me again, "Come on Varinia, you're always in the mood."

I glared back at him completely disgusted, he grabbed me again, more aggressively this time, his fingers digging into my flesh and kissed me. I pulled my head back.

"Seriously, get off me," I shoved him off pushing him to the ground, "Creep."

He was so disgusting, he had really come all this way just to do that, there was no begging me to shelter him, no it was just expecting that I'd want to make out. Gods he was vile. I stood over him glaring, making it known to him that if he stood up I'd shift and bite his throat.

Suddenly there was a rush of wind behind me and someone grabbed my wrists holding me tightly. I looked behind me and there was Mik, Lucius' father. I couldn't smell him at all. I had no idea he was there the entire time.