Gossip

It was so unexpected but I was delighted completely.

The Prince was kissing me. His cool lips were so soft against mine, his taste was much like his scent, roses. As if I had bitten into a Turkish delight. I kissed back pressing my far warmer lips onto his icy ones.

It was truly amazing, explosive fireworks went off in my stomach and my heart raced. Somehow it was better than what I had dreamed of. His lips were far softer and he was delicate and gentle. So unlike the wolves I was used to who were feral and wild in the way they kissed.

As the kiss prolonged I couldn't keep pinning him, my hands were trembling so much that I couldn't keep enough force on him. I let him go and placed my hands on his chest.

He smiled at me, breaking away from the kiss and opening those ruby eyes once again, "Now you've let your guard down."

"Wha-?" I was probably blushing like crazy, I felt like I was in a daze.

"You were pinning me, now you're not, I guess I've won," he kept that smug smile on his face.

"Yeah but I got a kiss, so I win," I managed to get out. It was so hard for me to believe that all my flirting had actually worked on him.

"You got me there."

I was a little flustered, "I didn't think you found me attractive."

He looked down at me, we were still so close together against the wall, "Lots of guys do, that should be obvious."

"You're not just some guy though," I looked up into his eyes.

"Well you are a very popular girl, and that is for a reason."

"Are you slut shaming me?" I could still feel the heat in my cheeks, I hoped it wasn't too obvious to him.

"I'm just saying, you appeal to many," he smiled at me.

"Thank you," I smiled back, "I guess you also."

"My powers have something to do with that though."

"Genetics I think," I stroked his chest. It was like rock in more ways than one, cold and hard. He could truly be a statue.

"Or my super secret pureblood abilities," he informed me.

This was news to me, his powers made him more attractive. I gasped, "Are you not actually over six foot?"

"I look the same!" he quickly back tracked, "It's just how people feel about me."

I laughed at his reaction, it was so cute to see the slight bit of panic. "Makes all the vampire girls feel starstruck? I see you for the dork you are," I stuck out my tongue.

"Yeah but the vampires all love me so at least I have a guaranteed fan base," his voice made this sound like it wasn't quite a positive thing for him. Perhaps it was something that was frustrating or just plain tiring.

"Are you doing anything to me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Honestly, it's not something I actively control. It's a power that's always on, but can be increased when needed," he explained.

"Is it needed now?" I asked curiously, pressing my body into his a little more.

"No," he said flatly.

I stepped away from him finally, "Hmm... I'm curious now, hit me with it."

"I don't think so. I don't want you figuring it out so much, you'll become immune to it," he smiled at me.

"Come on hit me with a full force, it'll be fun," I pushed, smiling back at him.

"How about I do, but don't tell you when? See if you can spot it for yourself in the next week. Might tell you how much you love me," he suggested.