Myth Hunter Class

When Elvira did come back to school she was very different. She was... older. She looked like she had aged a few years and now looked a similar age to her brothers. Her body was similar to her mother's. Very tall, curvaceous, just stunning. She now towered over me. I guessed whatever healed her had had some strange side effects. She seemed to be very excited about having fast tracked puberty. She hugged Prince Caelestis tightly on the way to class.

Homeroom was more stories of Lucius being creepy, so I completely ignored him until it was our first class of the day, Myth Hunter. I walked in with him trailing behind.

"Open to page 12 of your textbooks," Mrs Fhaolain told the class.

As I walked over to my seat I noticed that Ephvangeline and her brother were sitting apart from Shizuka. I could think of but one explanation for this.

I looked at Caelestis, "What's going on...?"

"Drama," He replied simply but looked slightly pleased with himself.

"Well you split up the werecat group so good job," I gave him a thumbs up.

"I've even surprised myself.

I smiled at him, "Subconscious pureblood powers huh?"

"It is slightly entertaining."

I looked at the boring text book in front of me with its outdated information, "Beats reading this dry shit."

The Prince lent back in his chair, "Every time. All day, every day."

"Hey you know what teaches me more about myth hunters than this class? Walking home from school," I giggled and he smiled, for once it looked like he actually enjoyed conversing with another being. He wasn't just completely bored and done with it.

"No competition," he looked at me and I knew I was supposed to dislike his blood red eyes. I couldn't though, he was just so beautiful.

Lucius, who was sitting beside me, interrupted, "What is this even trying to say?"

Caelestis looked over at him and his nose flared with disgust. My heart fluttered.

I didn't want Lucius to ruin this. I turned to him, "I think something like, you should be scared of myth hunters because they are scary. Like I didn't already know that from stepping outside of my pack's mansion."

"This is ridiculous," Caelestis muttered under his breath as he skimmed over the pages.

I turned back to Caelestis, "Have you fought a myth hunter before Caelestis?"

Caelestis thought about it for a second, "No, not really."

"Scary shit. This class won't prepare you for it. I'll tell you that now."

"Nothing here prepares us for anything. It's a fact. Yet we're all here anyway."

A few rows below us at the front of the class Shizuka rolled her eyes at Caelestis. He picked it up and his expression soured.

"Just you wait," he muttered.

I looked over at Shizuka, I so often just ignored her but the tension between her and Caelestis was insane. She seemed to really get under his skin.

Uncomfortable with my lack of knowledge I looked back down at the textbook, "We do get to learn their weaknesses."

"Perhaps that would be useful," Caelestis peered at my book.

Took the bait. I shuffled closer to him and began flipping through it. Now that I was closer I could take in his scent. Foral, roses but cold, like a forest dusted in snow. I tried not to react too much but despite the heat goosebumps arose on my skin. Truly intoxicating.