Fire and Ice

I woke up and smiled. A rare occurrence for any person but for the past few days I'd been running on adrenaline, happy adrenaline. I grabbed my breakfast and brought it into my room.

It was a shame I wasn't spending much time with Ryan or any of the other wolves, but I'm sure they understood. I sat at my desk and logged onto Mythspace. I had a master plan. I looked through my friends on Mythspace and found Tsukiko. I asked her what Caelestis' phone number was and as I ate my breakfast I got my reply. Beautiful I laughed evilly to myself and thanked her.

For some reason it was kind of nerve racking to call him, even though he was just in the other room. I took a big gulp of orange juice and typed the number in.

Steeling myself I pressed that green button.

"Good morning drac!" I sang into the phone.

"Argh," his voice was groggy.

"I got your number," I gloated.

"How?"

"Magic. You should be super impressed though and come running to me without any clothes begging for me, or was that just my dream," I giggled.

Caelestis paused for a second, "...Which snake sold me out?"

"I've told you. You've got to show your snake before I show mine," I laughed.

He hung up but I continued laughing and scrolled through Mythspace as I waited for him. As I scrolled I got an email from the Luna who approved the protection. I smiled but it quickly fell away as I saw all the documents she had attached to the email to fill out. I got started on them. At least I could impress her by being correct with my paperwork.

It made sense to get as much of the paperwork done before Caelestis joined me. So I could focus on him. Even if it was painful right now.

As I typed away I heard Elvira laughing maniacally down the hall.

"Psycho," I heard Caelestis say as well.

I shivered and whispered to myself, "I'm doing extra paperwork for that..."

Caelestis walked into my room and stood in the doorway, "What a nightmare."

I smiled at him, he already looked exhausted and done with the day, "One night with her and you want to slit your throat, I understand there are daggers in the bedside table."

I winked at him and he sighed deeply. He was so utterly done with his sister. I gave him a look of understanding before walking over and giving him a shoulder massage. His muscles were so tight with stress, I had a feeling that I would often feel like that a lot too.

"You could outright slap her but that might not look so good," I suggested, trying to lighten his mood.

Caelestis' frown disappeared a little, "I don't care how it looks at this stage."

I kept massaging him, his shoulders were so big for my little hands, luckily I was quite strong, "I pray my mate is decent..."

"You should," he mumbled, enjoying the massage.

I smiled, "Too late for you I suppose."

"Nothing I could've done different."

"You could always run away if she gets too annoying and leave Kayin to deal with her," I whispered into his ear evilly.

"Don't put ideas in my head," he said but his tone was much lighter.

I smiled, "Sorry it's tempting though... You look like you need some fresh air."

"Do I?" he tilted his head to the side.

"Yeah," I said softly and held his hand gently.

"What are you doing?" A high level of suspicion in his voice.