The Victim's Justice

Caelestis was rough and unforgiving, not what I expected but I enjoyed it. It satisfied me completely. The desperate hunger was gone. I was at peace as I lay beside him. He held me in silence. And I enjoyed his cool until it gave way to my heat.

His phone buzzed so he rolled over to the side of the bed and checked it. I felt a little naked without his embrace.

"Did you enjoy that?" I asked softly.

"Yeah..." He replied a little distracted, he scrolled a little, "it seems like they've got the barrier back up."

"Oh that's good," I said but I was a little sad. Sure it was amazing that the people of the Hirasawa mansion would be safe again but it meant my time with Caelestis was coming to an end soon. This summer with him was wonderful.

"Yeah..." Caelestis trailed off, his voice mimicking how I felt inside.

"You don't seem too happy," I pointed out.

"Don't I?" He looked up at me.

"You want to stay here because you love me so much," I smirked

"Yes, if that helps you sleep at night," he mocked me.

"Really?" my brow creased.

"You get suspicious easy," he laughed that beautiful laugh of his, a low rumble of joy.

There was nothing I could do but smile even though he was laughing at me. It was just so wonderful to see his face in a joyous expression. I shot forward and kissed him. He kissed back and it was like a lingering reminder of what we had just done. The cold becoming hot and the taste of rose burned into my memory.

He sat up, breaking away from the kiss, "I should organise with my mother and my siblings what is happening next."

"I've got a little patrolling to do anyway. But make sure you annoy your sister. She deserves it," I told him.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" he offered, putting on his clothes.

"I'm sure, but damn I will miss seeing her naked," I said sarcastically while pulling my shirt on.

He was buttoning up his shirt, "Sucks to be you."

"Yeah I really wanted to see your sister naked one last time before she left."

"She will literally strip in front of you without your consent."

I shivered, "So yeah no thank you... Have fun with that."

I walked out of the room but I could hear him chuckling behind me. I caught my reflection in the mirror and fixed my hair a little before continuing down stairs.

My patrol had already gathered and I joined them. Today we were patrolling the mortal world border. It was always so strange walking into the mortal world after the crazy news I've heard and experienced in the mythical one. But there in the mortal world everything was at peace. Children hanging around eating ice cream, couples on dates and teenagers shopping. They were all unaware of us on patrol, probably just regarded us as strange. How it would be to feel completely safe.

Luckily we were safe and the patrol ended without incident. As I came back home the Luna and a little posse of wolves approached me.

"Luna Racheal," I bowed.

She bowed in response, "Varinia. As you know the pack has captured Mik and we have ruled that as his crime against you was so severe that we will bestow onto you, the victim's justice."

I couldn't help myself, I gasped, "That is an honour."

The Luna gave me a strange look, "I suppose, I trust you to handle this," she paused, choosing her words, "well in whichever way you would like to."