The conversations of Vampires

As we walked back to safety I listened to glimpses of their conversations.

Elvira was talking to Kayin, "I'm going to bang the alpha."

"Good for you," He said, not caring.

"No really I'm going to do it. Just because I want to know what it will feel like."

"I can't imagine it being any different."

"How the fuck would you know?"

Kayin just sighed in response.

I chuckled softly and listened in to Katsu and Shizuka.

Shizuka asked Katsu, "Do you think we've left behind any other teenagers who need help? I know we rushed because we were in danger and didn't have too much time to think, but I think we should have thought harder."

Katsu shrugged, "Probably but honestly my other brothers and sisters are there. The purebloods are defenceless even if they don't like to admit it."

"That's true..." Shizuka sounded as if she were in deep thought. What a headache she must be feeling.

Katsu sounded tired, "Maybe we should have taken more of the vampires. I guess these three are enough though... They certainly are a lot."

I smiled and I had to agree the purebloods were all so different and were such big personalities. I picked up on Elvira teasing Kayin about being a virgin. It was funny but when I looked back at Kayin I couldn't see it. Sure he wasn't as beautiful as the prince but he wasn't ugly that's for sure.

"Come on Kayin isn't that ugly, surely he's been laid," I butted in and looked to Caelestis for back up.

He had an amused expression on his face, as if somehow, without saying anything, he had caused this whole conversation. Kayin was angry, I guess it had been a long day for him too and this was the last thing he expected to be dealing with.

"'I want a meaningful connection' 'sex is love making' you sound like an old woman," Elvira mocked.

I couldn't help but giggle a little, maybe I had similar values to Elvira without even knowing.

Katsu crossed his arms while he walked, butting in to defend his fellow nice guy, "Don't you guys have anything better to talk about right now?"

"Let them," said Shizuka, "It's better than being grim."

Katsu shrugged, "I suppose."

Elvira kept teasing her brother. I took this time to walk up close to Caelestis. "Do you think you are more like your brother or sister?" I asked, trying to be subtle.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Is it something you do for fun or is it super important?"

He took a second before responding, "Both."

"Both?"

"For fun but it can have its purposes."

"Purposes being love or...?" I titled my head to the side.

"Mostly no," he said sternly.

I said nervously, testing the waters by being honest, "Hmmm... well I've only ever had sex for fun not for any ... other reason."

"That is fine," Caelestis' tone was so neutral I didn't know what to make of it.

I looked up into his eyes but I couldn't get anything out of him. If he was judging me I couldn't tell, I guess that is how royalty judges. Without showing their true feelings. Or he was interested, maybe even impressed. It could have really been anything.