three - guests

Mae makes her way through the hospital trying to find the cafeteria, glad she left earlier so she could find it

Mae makes her way through the hospital trying to find the cafeteria, glad she left earlier so she could find it. This place is a maze - a maze she's lost in. This? This is why she doesn't want to work in a hospital.

"Well well, Mae Wigan. You know, it's more than a coincidence if you see each other 3 times."

Mae looks over and blushes. "Jackson Avery, still being a cocky ass."

"Naturally. How's the shoulder?" He points.

Mae shrugs. "Still there."

Jackson smirks. "Well I'm glad. Thank you for saving that kids life the other day, he'd have bled out in seconds if you hadn't been there."

"I keep my hero cape close by just incase." She smirks.

"You look lost." Jackson muses, leaning on the wall. "Need help?"

"I'm trying to find the cafeteria. I'm supposed to be meeting Teddy in - great, 4 minutes." She huffs.

"Teddy's surgery ran over." He shrugs. "I can help."

"How do you know?" Mae raises an eyebrow.

Jackson walks over to the closest elevator and pushes the button looking back at her. "I was just in there. Did a skin graft on their neck while she repaired their lung. She won't be long, but you'll definitely be late if you don't accept help."

Mae sighs. "Fine fine, cmon then pretty boy." She walks over.

"You think I'm pretty? Awh." He smiles, holding the elevator doors so she can step on before him. "2nd floor."

She presses the button and leans on the wall. "Busy day?" She makes small talk.

"Have to wait and se- Hey, you good?" He frowns as Mae suddenly gasps and turns, resting her head on the wall as she grips the bar.

"F-fine." She grits her teeth, squeezing her eyes shut. Now? Really?

"No no, what's wrong?" Jackson frowns, a hand on her back.

Mae points to her left leg. "I-it happens."

Jackson reaches down and feels her tense, cramping muscles. "Jesus." He mutters, rubbing down her thigh. "I got you."

Mae grips his arm as he rubs the muscle hard and repeatedly. It loosens up quicker than usual and she exhales slowly, managing to stand normally. "Fuck. Thank you." She swallows hard.

"Does that happen often?" Jackson frowns as he steps back again.

Mae shrugs. "Sometimes. Usually at night when I'm trying to sleep, or if I've been on my feet too long."

"Have you had it seen to?"

"It's why the army discharged me. They didn't want to fix what they caused." She shrugs.