twenty five - mr and mrs

"Wigan, Avery..." Bailey says as they approach her; her eyebrow quirks. "What do you want?"

Mae and Jackson share a look. "We uh, we need a word." Jackson smiles sweetly.

Bailey deliberates for a moment before she backs up and opens her office door, motioning them inside; budget meeting can wait. Her curiosity is piqued. "You've been back all of-" she glances at her watch, "an hour. Broken up already? Wigan, you're out, I need pretty boys hands and wallet- I mean name."

Mae and Jackon share another look and Mae then smiles at Bailey. "Actually... its our name."

Her eyebrows shoot up. "Your- who- wha- huh." She pauses and sips her water. "Pardon?" She finally says, laying her hands on the table in front of her.

Jackson smirks. "We both have the same name." He shrugs.

"I gathered... how... no I know how, dumbass." She mutters to herself before taking a deep breath. "When? Why so secretive?"

"Italy, bout a week ago." She smiles as she plays with Jackson's fingers. "You've got to be secretive when your mother in law is Catherine Fox and hates every breath you take."

"I mean..." Bailey nods and shrugs. "Okay. Right. So how does this affect me?"

"Urm..." Jackson rubs his jaw. "I've taken control of my assets. I'm now a seperate entity to the Fox Foundation. I haven't got a name for it yet, I can't use Avery." He admits and takes a deep breath. "Logistically, its just a little different now."

"Who owns the hospital, Avery." Bailey demands.

"The Fox Foundation. But in the separation, I'd like to take over-"

"Don't you mess with my hospital." Bailey glares. "We wouldn't survive without the connections and finances and-"

"None of that will change. We have a 51, 49 split. I own majority, I will take what I want. Its just a simple change of ownership." He assures her. "I'll try and make the transition as smooth as possible-"

Baileys loud laugh interrupts him. "Oh I've met your mother, that ain't happening." She tuts and huffs. "Can't you just leave it?"

"No." Jackson frowns. "I cant-wont." He says, shaking his head. "This is my hospital. My work. My friends. My practice. And I want it out of her hands."

Bailey sighs deeply and looks at Mae. "Knew you'd be a pain in my ass - both of you."

Mae smirks. "I promise I won't get pregnant and go on maternity leave for the next-"

"2 years." Bailey says firmly.

"Yes ma'am." Mae nods.

-

"Wigan!"

Mae freezes midstep.

"Or is it Avery now."

Mae slowly turns and smiles innocently. "Doctor Altman, I missed you too!"

Teddy glares at her friend. "Married!? I just got news you were engaged and now you got married!?"

"Shhh!" Mae cringes and pushes her into a store room. "I got married! There, I told you." She tuts.

"Why? I mean I know why, I've seen pretty boy, but why so quick and sudden? No family- no friends." She gasps. "No bridesmaids! You can't take that from me!"

Mae rolls her eyes playfully. "I did it- we did it- for ourselves. To have no meddling and interference and no protesting." She scratches her jaw as she jaws her lip. "I mean, I knew I'd be scared of the 'after' no matter how or when we married but now it's here... I gotta face Catherine Fox again."