six - aWkWaRd

Mae bounces her leg as she waits for Jackson to meet her; she sat as far in the corner as she could, hoping he'll miss her and she doesn't have to have this awkward conversation with him

Mae bounces her leg as she waits for Jackson to meet her; she sat as far in the corner as she could, hoping he'll miss her and she doesn't have to have this awkward conversation with him. She's had 3 wines already, Joe bringing her a 4th.

Instead of walking away, he sits opposite her. "Spill."

"Huh?" She smiles, playing innocent.

Joe leans across the table. "Whats happened." He crosses his arms and leans on them.

Mae blows air into her cheeks and puffs it out. "I kissed rich boy."

"No way!" He gasps, smirking. "You and Avery? Damn!"

She blushes furiously. "Stop. Don't. I'm humiliated." She covers her face.

Joe raises an eyebrow, half frowning. "Why!" He shakes his head.

"Because!" Mae whines. "He's him and I'm me. I've been here, what, a month? And I've already kissed someone."

"So? Jackson is a good guy-"

"So everyone keeps reminding me." She tuts.

"- and you're an amazing girl. What does time have to do with anything?" He challenges.

Mae can't find an answer. "It... has... lots to do with it." She finally says.

"Bullshit." Joe shrugs as he stands. "I say good on you. Kiss him again. In fact, make it a home run." He winks.

"A ho- what does that mean? Joe. Joe!" She hisses as he walks away. Her hissing catches Jacksons attention as he enters, Mae hiding behind her hands as she blushes.

"Anyone would think you're tryna hide from me." Jackson muses as he sits down.

Mae peaks out. "I..."

He shrugs, smiling. "It's okay, I get it. Shall we get the elephant out of the room before it destroys everything?"

"Yes..." Mae says slowly, dropping her hands into her lap as she sighs. "We... kissed. What does that mean?"

"It means I was concerned for a friend." Jackson begins. "And we shared a kiss because it shows we're close. Right?" He raises an eyebrow.

Mae takes a deep breath as she watches him for a moment. "You're... not mad? You're not going to-to try and make something of it?" She asks quietly.

Jackson frowns. "No? Do you want me to?"

Mae shakes her head as she sighs. "No no. God, thank you for being so... chill."

"It was a kiss. For like 2 seconds." He smirks. "I tend to like when kisses are at least 3 seconds but I won't complain."

Mae giggles small and covers her face for a moment. "God, why me!"

"Hey, I wasn't that bad was I?" He kicks her playfully under the table.