||20|| Chat with a Bucket

When they get back to the compound, Happy pulls the door open, having to jump out of the way to escape getting tackled by an ecstatic teenager. (They dropped Ned off at home before coming to the compound)

Vic runs right past Clint, who is waiting to hear how many rules the girl broke.

. . .

"Where's mum?" Victoria questions as she literally slides into the living room, Bucky, Steve and Sam sitting on the couch, watching Once Upon a Time.

"I think she went shopping," Steve tells her, earning a heavy sigh as Vic slumps inbetween both Super Soldiers.
"How was your date?"

Bucky chuckles as the girl smiles, throwing her hands into the air.
"I kissed him."

Sam and Steve jump to their feet.
"WHAT?!" They shout in unison, Bucky collapsing to the floor in a fit of laughter and Victoria cackling where she sits.

Since Sam didn't want to hear what he calls, "gross date stuff," and Steve claimed he had some training in the gym he needed to get done, Vic told everything to Bucky, who looked like he was enjoying their talk.

"Have you ever gone on a date?" The girl asks Buck, sitting on the couch with the man at her feet, re-braiding his hair(which is now decently curly from how many times she's done so).

"Plenty," the man laughs, trying to stay still so he doesn't mess up Vic's hard work.
"I was the popular guy in school, y'know. The one all the girls wanted."

"Have you ever met 'the one'?"

"The what?"

"The One!" Victoria repeats, her voice slightly muffled before she pulls the elastic out of her mouth and finishes his hair, then slides off the couch and sits next to Buck.
"You know, the one who just, fills you with happiness everytime you see them. You just know that they're the person you want to spend the rest of your life with."

"Like Steve?"

"Well, I guess, if you wanna like, marry him and start a family-"

"Yeah, no," Bucky chuckles. "I had..one person like that. Another childhood friend of mine, back in the 40s."
A frown crosses his face.
"She uh..she was the first girl to make it on the field. Same guy who helped Steve get in, helped her. She made it on the 107th with me. But, in 1944, when me and the rest of the guys on the 107th got captured, and Steve came to save everyone?"

Sadness and guilt flashes over his eyes.
"He couldn't find her. She was one of the many soldiers that sacrificed their life. She doesn't even have memorial 'cuz she was practically erased from history. Being a girl and German."

"Well, that's just stupid!" Vic says angrily. "I mean, I would've wanted to know that a girl was badass enough to make it, not only into the army, but onto the field!"

"You bet she was badass," Bucky laughs, ruffling Victoria's hair.
"Alright, I'm sure Steve is bored as hell in that gym by himself. Talk to you later, kid."

Vic watches as he stands up, heading over to the elevator.
As the doors close, she sees him lean against the back wall, sighing and looking up at the ceiling.

She'd have to pick stuff out of Steve later to learn more about this mystery girl. Maybe she could help Bucky feel better if she knew more about her.

(No texting in this sorry! BUT, I am running out of ideas. Leave some ideas in the comments and I'll try and write them!!)