||34|| Yo Nico is This Your Doing?

(A/N: TW. Chapter contains graphic and possibly disturbing writing. And this time my TW is true and serious. Like, seriously, viewer discretion is advised. If you need to, you can skip this chapter. I'll give a less detailed explanation in the next chap <3)

"Other than needing a bit of sleep, Vic is fine," Bruce claims, removing his latex gloves and tossing them in the garbage.

"Told you I wasn't crazy," the girl scoffs as she hops off the examination table, heading towards the door.

She rolls her eyes and opens the door, freezing at the sight of Tony, standing at the end of the hall.
It was to dark to really get a look at his condition, but Vic knew for a fact that he was dead.

"You okay, kid?" Bucky asks, glancing out the doorway as she stares down an empty hallway.

She turns to Buck, only to look back at the hall right after, finding the figure gone.

"..yup," she croaks. "Just, thinking about lunch."

Stiffly, she leaves her confused friends in the lab as she head to the kitchen.

What the fork was that?

. . .

Having not nearly forgotten the past event, but pushed it aside, Victoria carefully sets a small note on the sandwich in front of her, adjusting the small hidden camera with an evil smirk on her face.
"I just put the sand in 'sand'wich. Hope it's tasty, Thor."

(A/N: Beautiful Vodka aunt, u know who u r)

"Making some lunch?"

Vic spins around, still a bit on edge from seeing her dead dad in the hallway, and she freezes on the spot.

"What's wrong, Vicky?" Natasha asks, taking a step closer to the girl, who sinks to the floor, her head in her hands, but her eyes never leaving the figure in front of her.

A sob catches itself in her throat at the sight, her mum looking over her, blood running down her head, dripping from her mouth; her right arm looking all kinds of wrong.

Immediately screaming and turning into a puff of smoke, the girl shoots past her friend, returning to normal in the hall by Bruce's lab.

Buck must've gone to get Alicia. Shit.

"Hey, Vic, what's got you freaked?"

"I-" she screams again as Tony reaches out to her, his hand all mauled and melted, half his face crumbling away.

The child runs off down the hall, glancing back only briefly, seeing both Nat and Tony walking after her.

. . .

Hiding in her closet, Vic has her hands over her ears and her eyes clenched shut, her heart beating fast enough to blow up.
What the fuck was happening????

She loses her absolute shit when the closet door creaks open, a young man with brown hair and a bullet hole in his chest looking down at her.

"Why so scared, Vicklepickle?"

She shrieks and kicks as Malcolm Grace grabs her arm, pulling her out of the closet and towards him.
"Hey, hey, calm down, kiddie, you're safe."

The smell of death and blood fills her nose, causing her to gag, the girl shoving her father away as the blood from his chest oozes onto her.

. . .

Sam is sitting peacefully on the couch, sipping a mug of coffee as he listens to some Marvin Gaye in his headphones; when an obviously young girl scream of terror sounds from the kitchen.

He immediately hops to his feet, tossing his headphones to the couch without even bothering to pause the music before racing towards the scream.

But the kitchen is empty.

A scream over by Bruce's lab has him running around again, but no one is there.
What the fork??

He then hears loud shrieking from the vent overhead, which the entire tower knew led to Vic's room from how loud she would belt her favorite songs randomly.

. . .

By the time Sam is in Victoria's room, the girl is curled up on the floor, tugging at her hair as she screams, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Holy shit, what happened?!?" He questions, rushing over to her.

Vic only continues screaming as she kicks him, the man resorting to roughly pulling her into his arms, giving her a very aggressive hug, repeatedly telling her it was him.

"Shh, kid, it's okay, it's Sam, I got you," he shushes, gently stroking her hair as she calms down, wincing a bit as she wraps her arms around his torso, crying into the nook of his neck.
"What happened?"

"Tony- Tony and mum were- they-"

"Hey, hey, it's okay. It was just a dream-"

"No! It was real!! They chased me, and- and grabbed at me!! And my dad was there...he was bleeding everywhere and-" Vic starts panicking again as she searches herself for blood, remembering the stuff smeared all over her, then begins to cry again.
"I'm not crazy..."

"I know, kid," Sam says quietly, pulling her back to his chest. "It's okay. They aren't here. It's just me and you."

Vic looks up and screams again, seeing the three figures watching her from the doorway, twisted grins on their faces.
"They-th-they're r-right-"

Her shaky hand is up and pointing towards the figures, pure terror etched on her face as she sobs.

"Kid, there's no one there," Sam reassures her worriedly, walking right over to the doorway and waving his hand around, the movement causing the figures to disappear.

"So..." she sniffs, hugging herself. "So, I am crazy?"

"You're not crazy, Vic," Sam shakes his head, helping the girl to her feet.
"I'll bring you down to Bruce, I'm sure he can figure it out-"

"He already said I was fine, though.."

"Well, he's just gonna have to look harder, because something is definitely going on, whether his equipment say so or not."

Victoria nods, wiping the tears from her face.
"Can...can you carry me?"

Sam chuckles, picking up the frail child, her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs around his waist.

Back to Bruce's lab.

A/N: sorry no texting in this chap. Hope you liked it anyways!!
Also sorry for having my book take this dark turn. It's not permanent I promise <333