||38|| Smelly Voices and Sandwiches

Sam finds Victoria floating back towards the tower as a cloud of smoke, which reminds him of Bruce's similar comment a few days ago.
That made him a while lot more uneasy about the whole, kid-running-off-to-Jersey thing.

"What in the world, kid, where have you been?" Sam questions as he flies next to Vic, the girl looking very tired, even as a cloud.

"Family stuff," is all she responds with, her voice just barely above a whisper.
She must've been exhausted.

. . .

Goose huffs as she watches Vic leave, seeing the Captain Falcon(or whatever his new name is) fly up beside her.

She stomps back down the hallway and knocks upon the smoke's door, it opening quickly.

"What has you agitated, General."
He asks, glancing out over the balcony.

"The heiress, she's working with the Avengers."

"And..?"

"You're not upset by that?"

"It only makes the job easier. If she can tear them apart from the inside, it will be done more efficiently."

"And you don't think they'll try to stop her.."

"They will not have the time. Deception is in her blood, and the shadows are her home. She will complete this feat easily. Now, leave me. There is work I must accomplish."

. . .

Victoria groans loudly as she flops onto the couch, her noises getting muffled by the cushions.

"Tired?" Sam chuckles, sitting in the empty spot at the girl's feet.

"What are you talking about?" Victoria yawns.
"I have the energy of a cat."

"Right, sure you do."

Shut up would you?

"Oh, shut up would you?" Vicky is caught aback by her own words. It was like someone else spoke through her.

"Hey, you okay?" Sam sits up. "You've been acting off since New Jersey."

"I'm sorry," She replies, shock echoing un her tone. "I-"

Leave me alone!

"- Leave me alone!"

Victoria sits up, gripping her head.
"I-I'm sorry I didn't- I didn't mean that.."

"It's okay, kid," Sam reassures her, his brow knit with concern.
"Let's take you to Bruce."

Not again.

. . .

"Hallucinations, voices; it sounds like someone's after you," Bruce claims worriedly, the young girl in his lab for the 6th time in the past 3 days; between initial reports and annual checkups.
"You're gonna have to stay in the tower until we figure this out."

"Fuck!" Victoria's hands fly over her mouth quickly, letting out a quiet;
"Sorry."

"Don't apologize, kid," Sam tells her, patting her shoulder. "It looks like that voice is kind of a douche bag is all."

"She'll have to be supervised, as well," Bruce continues as he turns to the girl. "Sam is heading out to some, patriotic event as the new Cap, and I've got a college class to teach; but Bea is out of town at a women's conference with Edda, so Loki will be here. Behave for him, okay?"

"I am the best at behaving what are you talking about..?"

"You just snuck out and went all the way to New Jersey."

"And I behaved the whole time."

"Just, don't kill anyone. Even yourself."

"Fine."

. . .

"Babysitting duty?" Loki questions, unable to get his answer as Bruce and Sam exit the building.
"I have a free weekend from my own child, and I am to watch another?"

"Babysit me? Nah, it's more like, two buddies hanging out," Victoria chuckles, her eyes lighting up as she runs to the kitchen, grabbing a small camera off the counter.
"And first, we're gonna watch some television."

. . .

Victoria had set up the camera to only catch motion or people, so thankfully it wasn't a bunch of long hours of nothing.

The first thing the two see is Thor, walking up to the counter and grabbing the sandwich that had been sitting there, and taking a bite.

Loki cringes at the loud crunching, but begins cackling as Thor spews out the food into the trashcan, groaning in disgust.

"What in the 9+ realms is in this sandwich???"

"I put the sand in 'sand'wich," Vic smiles menacingly and Loki realizes the situation.

"You made my brother a sandwich with- with sand??"

"Gravel. It's easier to access. Of course, it's probably full of feet, too, considering I found it in the park."

Loki looks horrified.
"...there's feet in the gravel at the park?"

"Not real feet!" Vicky chuckles. "I meant, people walked on the gravel that just went into your brother's mouth. There's no feet in the gravel....or is there."

The video continues, having recorded footage from the past 2 or 3 days.

Clint showing an ecstatic young woman around the tower, and having to demand she stops dancing on the counter.
People passing through.
Thor leaving Mjolnir on the coffee table.

Victoria finding it a few hours later and very carefully picking it up, claiming she had the power of Thor.

"You...picked up Mjolnir?" Loki asks in shock.

"Yeah..? What, will he be mad?"

"Lady Victoria, only those worthy in eyes of Odin can lift the hammer.."

"Oh," Victoria looks at him in surprise, then a grin lights up on her face.
"So I'm worthy?!"

"It appears so."

A/N: no texting again sorry. I wanted to make sure I got in a bit of Loki x Vic bonding. There will be more of course, coz the tower has yet to be pranked >:)