||30|| Origin Stories with the God of Spiky Sticks

(Idea by lizzietaylorsversion )

Vic meets Loki :/ oof

--

Victoria has herself seated upside down on the couch, her legs hanging over the back and her head hovering above the floor.
Sure, they have company and all, but she doesn't even know the guy, so it would be odd to just butt in on their conversations.

Even if everyone was cooing at the apparently adorable baby he had brought.

In all honesty, though, hanging out at the tower was weird enough for her. The only remaining Avengers were Bucky, Sam, Clint(who went all emo), Bruce(who now looked hulkie while still being human), some guy named Scott Lang, Thor(who is bigger than she remembered), and some guy named John Grayson who joined the team while Vic was away.

The girl looks up as Bucky walks into view, her shutting her phone off and laying it on her chest.
" 'sup."

"Why are you hanging out by yourself? You don't wanna meet Loki?"

"I dunno," she sits up. "And, the name sounds familiar, where have I heard it from?"

"Well.." Buck rubs the back of his neck, trying to think of the best way to explain it to her.
"He kinda created an alien invasion back in 2012. I wasn't really there at the time, but Steve liked talking about how it was the event that started the Avengers in the first place."

"So, he created an alien invasion, the one caused an insane amount of panic over all of New York, maybe everywhere, I dunno; and you guys are friends with him now? Sweet."

"I thought you'd be more uneasy.." Buck replies warily. "Though I probably should've expected as much from you."

"Why, Thor, you forgot to introduce me to this young lady!" A man with long black hair chuckles lightly, a small bundle in his arms.

"By the gods, I have," The god smiles, marching over to Victoria.
"Lady Victoria, meet my brother, Loki, and his daughter, Edda."

A hand peeks from the bundle, small giggles filling the room.

"Brother, meet Victoria Grace, one of the many children here on Midgard."

Instead of a welcoming smile, as you'd think someone would react with after meeting a friend of their brother, Loki holds a confused, pondering expression, until realization floods over.
"Victoria Grace? You're Victoria Grace?"

"Uh..no. I'm you."

"Wait, what..?"

"Yes, I'm Victoria Grace," the girl rolls her eyes, throwing her hands onto her hips. "Your brother said that, didn't he?"

Loki lets out a laugh, the sounds fading as he remembers why he double checked in the first place.

"I've been looking for a Victoria Grace," those words are the thing that makes Vic uneasy, but Loki just turns to his brother with a questioning look.
"You remember our crazy sister that tried to take over Asgard?"

"Ha! How could I forget? She killed all my friends.."

"Yes, well, Beatrice knew her. She met her back when she was banished to Helheim."

"What does this have to do with me??" Victoria asks, her hands still on her hips as two gods ponder over her.

"Ah, apologies," Loki nods, turning to her.
"The simple version: Centuries ago, my adoptive sister had a child. My wife, who was captured by my sister's fiance at the time, rescued the child and brought her to safety. Um, a couple named Dorothy and Malcolm Grace?"