||44|| A Fury-ous Pirate

Victoria sits on her bed, her blanket thrown over her as she tried to imagine two little boys arguing downstairs.
She hugs her knees as she waits. She waits and waits. And waits.
She had plenty of time because she decided to stay home that day, and her mom went on a date with Sam.

She huffs as tears prick the corners of her eyes. She never thought she'd miss their loud fighting, usually over stupid things like, what they got to watch, and what they would do that day.

Vic pulls out her phone and dials, waiting quite a few minutes before it finally rings through.
"Yo Bucket, you there?" She says, trying to mask the sadness in her voice.

"Can't really talk right now, kid. Unless it's important, I'm gonna hang up- Allie, stop it-"

Vic hears something hit against metal.
"Ooh, Alicia's there? Wassup, Neck-"

"Vicky!"

"Sorry. Yeah, it's not really important," Her voice breaks and she clears her throat. Bucky didn't seem to notice, though. "I was just wondering when you'd come over to visit the tower again."

"Not right now-"

"You good, Starbucks?" She asks as he shouts, a small thump sounding through the phone.

"I'm gonna call you later, kid, 'kay?"

Metal clashes and Vic wonders what Buck could be doing.
"Okay..bye. See ya around, Bucksaw."

Click.

Vic sighs as she opens text.

Stick
Can you call me back when you're available?

Delete.

She shouldn't bother him with something like this. She got over her dad's death alone, this shouldn't be any different.

Victoria pulls the blanket off her, leaving her hair an unruly mess, and climbs out of bed.
She still had her 80s outfit on, so she didn't bother getting changed before she heads outside.

. . .

She had only been walking for a few minutes, when someone grabs her arm, pulling her into an alley and covering her mouth with a cloth.

Her vision blurs as the alley fades in and out, the girl catching a glimpse of... a pirate? She couldn't tell, she had no time to. She blacked out before she could.

. . .

"What the fuck!" She yells as she comes to, her head swimming as she jumps to her feet in one fell swoop.
Vic leans against the wall to catch her bearings, when she notices the odd cuffs on her wrists. She only scoffs, knowing she could easily turn into a puff of smoke and float out-

Why wasn't it working?

"Those cuffs were made to hold a god," a man speaks, Vicky finding him standing in front of her cell. He was the pirate from before. The pirate with the... Shield badge??

"Why the hell did you kidnap me?" She snaps, marching over to the electric bars enclosing her.
"You work for Shield, don't you?"

"I am Shield, little miss," The man replies with a small chuckle.
"That gonne be a problem?"

"Uh, hell yeah it is!" She yells, throwing her hands into the air.
"I'm an Avenger, you idiot!"

"I think I would know if you're apart of the initiative I created."

Shit. Victoria swallows dryly.
"I may not be a fully fledged Avenger.. but I'm one of the new recruits. Enrolled by Tony Stark himself. Y'know, before he..."
She frowns at the memory.

"Don't play games with me," the man says sternly, his arms crossed.
"I know who you are."
She eyes him, daring him to tell her. Which he gladly does.
"Victoria Penelope Grace. 17 years old, goes to Midtown tech Academy. Has a part time job at a small taco truck down the road from the school."

So what. He knew her name and school. No a big deal.

"You were also affiliated with Wanda Maximoff when she enslaved an entire town. The two of you have a become a threat. Sword failed, in more ways than one, to keep you under surveillance, which means it's become my problem. And I deal with my problems quickly."

"Okay, cut the shit," Victoria chuckles. "Is Loki pranking me again? This better be a prank. Unless you're seriously telling me, you think a 17 year old fucking kid, is a threat. 'Coz, bitch I'm a kid. The only thing I know, is that my life has fallen to the point of complete boss level shit. Examples, just in case you can't see what right fucking in front of you with that stupid-ass eyepatch.
You wanna know how many people I've lost? 8. 8 people. 3 dads, 2 moms, a close friend, and 2 little brothers. Everyone dies. Always.

Before I know it, I'm gonna get a call saying my mom's been stabbed with a fork."

Vicky can see a twinge of guilt in the man's eyes. Does he do anything in the matter? No. He walks the fuck out of the room.

. . .

Fury stands in the surveillance room, watching the cameras over the security's shoulder.
Vic huffs, shuffling to the corner of the room before sliding to the floor, hugging her knees and burying her face in her arms.

"We get Maximoff's location, then we set up security and surveillance around the kid's house. It's clear she's being targeted."

. . .

A/N:

Sorry if I didn't get Nick's personality right oof

Also, glad I finally got a chapter up!! Kinda angsty, but she just lost her brothers, I couldn't just make her move on.

My Applyfic is closing in 7 days 😱
I only have 1 application, still.
It closes July 30th, 2022
Think about applying?

Larb u 3,000 <333

-𓅿