ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹 : ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛʜ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

As we stepped inside the bathhouse. We were surprisingly greeted by a unknown woman who is seem to be in her 20s based on her appearance. But my older sister said that she was the same woman who was her roommate and was the woman's apprentice when she was trapped here.

"It's nice to see you again, Sen. You're all grown up, I see..." The woman uttered with joy.

"Great to see you too, Lin." Sister replied.

It seems her alias is Sen. I persume by observing what's currently happening. Should I also give it a try just to stay anonymous for my safety?

"So... Who's this girl beside you?" The woman then look straight at me.

"I'm (n/n)." I said my nickname for it to be atleast consistent to my real one.

"She's my younger sister." Chihiro stated.

"Oh... I do see the resemblance between the two of you.So what brings you here? I must honestly say that it's not actually smart to be thinking of coming back here." Lin said

"Heh. I am aware of that but to my surprise I never thought fate would lead me back here." My sister said with a tacky tone.

"But we do intend to go back as possible." I stated remembering what we've been through.

"Okay.... But It seems you guys need to first eat the food here or you might disappear since the two of you are starting to become transparent as of the moment." Lin pointed us out.

As such nonsense slipped out of her mouth. I took it lightly for a second and then was shocked to how I can literally see through myself. Which I had no obligation to disappear from this world that quickly. I looked at my sister to seeing her translucent. I tried to calm myself down since my older sister was.

"Care to show us some hospitality, by welcoming me and my younger sister with a good meal?" My sister said her request to Lin.

"Sure, right this way." Lin happily obliged.

She then lead me and Chihiro to a secluded area to her serving us a good meal. To which she explained that any human in the spirit world will disappear unless they eat the local food here. But sister then told me that I must never accept any food or trinkets given or served by a shadow like the mouth-watering food we had witnessed when the town was isolated. To telling me that receiving something from them can cause such dire consequences by giving me an example of how a shadow was the one cooking a delicious meal that mom and dad eated till they turned into pigs to them almost being served as food to the spirits in this particular bathhouse. To hearing such a thing it was good thing I didn't try any of the food that I had considered mouth-watering due to it's appearance. The saying of "if something is too good to be true, there's definitely something wrong with it." Is now proven.

"I had informed Bôh of your return." Lin said as we were continuing our conversation.

"Does my friend wish to see me?" Sister implied with strong certitude.

"He ordered me to escort you to his mother's office." Lin had explained her part.

"It's ok, me and (n/n) can go ahead since we're now physically visible and both know our current state as of the moment.... Please escort us to Yubaba's office." Sister then obliged.

"Well follow me to the elevator." Lin has instructed us.

"(Y/N).... Always put your guard up. Okay?" As sister whispered to me.

"Always..." I replied.

We were just about to go to the elevator and then noticed along the way that there were people gawking at us. I wouldn't dare much pipe their interest and look back at them to prioritizing what lies ahead of us. As we are now currently using the elevator and reach the top floor. Lin suddenly left us in the waiting room for me and sister to consulted whom I would be guessing by this mysterious witch.

Lin (POV)

As much as I want to stay with them. I unfortunately have a lot of work assigned to me by that damned old hag. Well, luckily for those girls... She won't be the one confronting nor be consulting them. At least I get to see Sen again and who would have thought she had an adorable little sister. All I could do is wish for them the best to whatever dilemma they would face especially in this wretched place.

Chihiro (POV)

This place didn't change one bit except the staff's nice treatment towards me compare to my first arrival here. Phew~ how fortunate as well that I wouldn't have to worry much for (Y/N)'s safety. As I thought till I heard an unfamiliar voice telling us to come in. I hold on to (Y/N)'s hand as we are being pulled by this individual's power as we had passed a lot of doors closing to us reaching the office.

We had then tidied ourselves in order to look proper since knowing Yubaba she doesn't like "dirty" people. To my surprise she wasn't the one sitting on the chair but a fully grown man sadly still wearing a bib. I can't help but feel like I have known him before. Once he started to speak then it hit me.

"Hello, Sen." Bôh said greeting me warmly.

"My dear friend, I did remember promising you I would visit soon." I greeted him back with a caring smile.

"Fate does work in such a mysterious way." He then said sounding so wise all of a sudden.

"Is, Haku... here?" I asked trying to not sound desperate looking for him.

"Well, he had already ended his contract with my mother for like a decade ago." He told me.

"Can...I-i..see him though..? As I was stuttering due to disappointment of him not being here anymore.

"If you like I would gladly take you to him." Bôh had insisted.

"With all due respect, my friend... As much as I would love to see him again. I'm afraid I cannot leave my sister here knowing what you're mother is capable of." I said trying not to sound quite offensive.

"You have a point there. My mother still hasn't yet given me the inheritance of the deed for this bathhouse but she did left me in charge with the place. So everything is all in my favors. You do remember my mother is incapable of getting me hurt as to also hurting me literally whatsoever since she held unto me so dearly. So in hindsight she's last thing we have to worry about." Bôh said to reassure me.

I almost forgotten how much Yubaba adores Bôh so much that if it wasn't for Bôh, Yubaba would had ended my life despite being fair to the trial she had given me back then.

"Fine... But who would be in charge while you're away helping me reach out to Haku?" I asked my friend once again.

"Oh, I already had thought of my substitute." Bôh smiled from such preparation.

"Okay then... We will be leaving at dawn." I said my confirmation.

"Then it is decided then, please be sure to close the doors on your way out." Bôh had ordered.

"Oh! Here's also the key of the room you and your younger sister would be using." As he threw me the keys.

"Sen!" Bôh called.

"What!?" I shouted.

"Welcome back to the bathhouse!" He yelled childishly.

Then I returned a smile at him as a token of my appreciation to his hospitality.

As we had reached our room. I guaranteed (Y/N) that time in the spirit realm is different compared to the world we came from and wished her a goodnight rest as to watching sleep peacefully next to me.