ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟶 : ᴛʜᴇ ғᴇsᴛɪᴠᴀʟ

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

My time here felt like I have stayed for months yet literally it had only been passed for weeks to my sister told me that it wouldn't be a huge impact on our time back home. She hasn't return probably still enjoying the life she has in the spirit realm with Haku. Master Bôh said that he will be back on priors notice through the telegram. I, myself still in this realm am appreciating the virtues of living here.

Fortunately, these past few days. I have learned the basics of magic. Thanks, to Gran-Gran for giving me this textbook. I tend to wanting her to give me lessons on more complex spells. I would for her to teach me even if it's challenging but for now I must remain on studying more.

Zeniba POV

"She truly has potential, indeed." As I while observing Y/n on making progress on learning about magic.

I was later then being called by my nephew through the crystal ball to update me on his soon arrival.

"Yes, my dear nephew." I greeted him warmly.

"Aunty, I want to inform you that I will almost reach the bathhouse. I just have to wait for the last train to arrive." Bôh informed.

"Is Sen with you today?" I asked.

"She decided to stay with Haku for a while." He told me.

"Very well then, have a safe trip back home." I wish him farewell.

"Thank you, aunty." He says his gratitude.

𝐊𝐚𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I woke up from my slumber, to head towards Zeniba's office to ask her for my next assignment as a worker in the bathhouse. Thanks to her and (Y/N) the staffs have now currently treating with respect.

'Master!' I shouted.

"No Face! You almost gave me a heart atteck." She was startled.

"Sorry, I would like to know my schedule for today." I said.

"Oh, I haven't prepared it yet." She said.

"Please take your time." I considered.

"Here, you're job for today is to make sure the festival to be a terrific celebration; not just for the spirits but also for the staffs." She informs me.

"Festival?" I asked.

"A firework festival like how those human celebrated. I believe it was called New Year?" She shared.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked due to not knowing such customs.

"Why not ask for Y/N's help?" She suggested.

"That's reassuring, ok i'll go ahead." I said as I excused myself.

I left the office to seek help from Y/n. I head over to the elevator to reach my designated floor; to be then greeted by the staffs.

'Salutations, No Face.'

'Hello there! No Face.'

'Greetings, No Face'

I'm still new to whole being accepted part; not that I wasn't appreciating it. I'm adapting to such changes. I've finally reach Y/N's room guessing that she's awake. I excused myself to her room to accidentally witnessing her undress herself.

'Kaonashi!?'

'I-I'm sorry!!!'

I ran out of her room while my eyes closed. I immediately felt flabbergasted to what I saw. I have seen something, mostly everything. I was then called to come in the room. I was preparing myself to be scolded.

'You should have knock.'

'My apologies.'

'Sigh...'

'I truly am.' I try to sound to be genuine but my irritation got the best of me because of my blushed.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

He says he's sorry; I can sense it being genuine but it's obvious that he's embarrased to what just happened.

'Apology accepted.' I said while being unaware of my own blush.

'I intruded your room to look for you because I need your help.' He pleaded.

'Help in what, Kaonashi?' I asked.

'On event planning for the spirits and staffs.' He said.

'More like a celebratory purpose?' I questioned.

'Yes, no big reason behind it. Master just wanted to make the spirits have a splendid time here; while also giving the satisfaction to let the staffs enjoy as well.' He stated.

'Sounds fun.' I beamed with excitement.

We then headed to the Gran Zeniba's office to ask her for any prior details in what me and Kaonashi should do for such an event.

'You'll just have to make the event enjoyable for our guests and staffs.' she said vaguely.

'So, it's all up to us?'

'Yes.'

'When will it be celebrated?'

'At night.'

'This night!?'

'I wish you luck on that.'

I rushed out off the office and quickly grabbed Kaonashi by the hand; to have the preparation ready for tonight since it's already noon, and we have not much time to lose.

𝐊𝐚𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐩𝐨𝐯

She instantly grabbed me, to my surprise she told me her sudden idea for tonight's event. I'm quite fascinated to what she has in mind. As I see her being all that excited to what we would do is very adorable to witness.

She surprisngly handled everything well. She was able to manage the staffs of the bathhouse very well, catered the extravegant foods, and have prepared the fireworks for tonight's entertainment. I barely did any help since she did the major important parts.

'It's getting dark now.' I informed.

'Well now everything is all prepared. I'll see you later, partner.'

'Partner...?'

'Well for the past few days, that seems to be our situation.'

'Yeah, partners...'

I smiled.

The evening is just starting. I wore my average montsuki for this day since I have not much in my wardrobe. I stepped outside the bathhouse to enjoy the scenery. To see Y/N socializing with the other shadows. I got worried to running over there to rescue her but it was not what it seems.

'Y/n! So, You're here all along.' I try to tone myself down.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Kaonashi greeted me.

'Of course, I was. I can't help but be excited with what the fireworks would look like.'

'But, I've to say that you musn't interact with these shadows its dangerous.' He stated.

'I can handle danger.' I grin.

'But they're incapable of being associated with humans.' He continued.

'Nonsense, You're able to so why not them?' I asked.

'It appears you see the good in everything.' He says sarcastically.

'Well it's true you and other shadows are averagely good. You guys are just not that open about it and been misundertood.'

'You're innocent, indeed.'

'Don't worry, you're superior out of all them.' I can't help but smirk.

Seeing him blushed from my statement is a sight I enjoy seeing to witnessing the firework show starting as we look upon the stars.

'How beautiful.' I said admiringly.

'Yes, you are.'