ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟷 : sᴘᴀʀᴋ

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I'm currently buffering to what is happening right as of the moment. "Kaonashi...wha-what are you saying?" I stuttered from his claim. "You are indeed beautiful." He says as he strokes my hair to notice his face is getting too close. "What are you doing?" I asked as he's still remaining stiff as if he's in a trance. "There was a leaf stuck to your hair, so please excuse my sudden behavior." He stated. He stepped away from me which made me feel either relief or was still longing for the moment earlier to have been extended a bit. "Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" He suggested. "Sure..." I replied.

We headed over to the town where all the shadows were selling foods such as yakisoba, takoyaki, yakitori and more. "Is it safe to even accept the food that is prepared by them?" I asked him for clarification. "What makes you think that?" He then asked me why I even questioned such a thing. "My sister told me to not accept anything from them, especially food." I informed him. "Well I can't blame her for being prejudiced towards my species." He says with a serious tone. "Why?" is all I could say. "Because one of my species went awol and tried to consume her." He told me while looking down on the path's pavement.

"Anyway, still hungry?" He broke off the awkward silence while changing the subject. "Oh, yeah." I went along with it since I didn't want things to remain uncomfortable, especially for him. "Look! they're serving ikayaki!" My hunger got the best of me since I sought eyes on my favorite street food. I instinctively held onto Kaonashi's hand and rushed over to the food stall. "What is it?" He curiously asks. "A Whole grilled squid on a stick may not sound like the most glamorous or appealing snack to some, but Japanese street food chefs have mastered bringing out the best in a simple concept. Fresh, tender squid is grilled over charcoal, given a generous coating of soy sauce and served with a slice of lemon or lime, creating a meaty and flavorful meal-on-the-go in just moments." As I explained my passion of being a foodie. "Sounds delicious." Kaonashi says while I see him drool from my descriptive indulgence of what I view from such a delicacy of a food.

I can't help but laugh from witnessing a sight. "Oh, right. I don't have any valuables with me right now... like money." I stood there dumbfounded from my current negligence. 'What am I even thinking money isn't accepted here...' I thought to myself while cursing my own carelessness. "Don't worry Y/n, I'll pay for you." He says to treat me. " What!? I couldn't accept you going through such a hassle." I try to persuade him. "Hehe... oh y/n, didn't you just say earlier that you were hungry?" I can't believe he's teasing me yet he seems to think of it as an innocent intent. 

"We-well yes, but-" He didn't even let me finish talking as he forced me to go no matter what I say. "Two Ikayaki, please." He orders from the shadowy transparent vendor. The food was then served to us and we had then got ourselves a table on a picnic area of the town with a view of the coast. I can't help but be wary of the food even if it's my favorite. "Don't worry, it's safe." Kaonashi clarified for me. Thanks to him I was able to enjoy the delicious food.

"It truly was delicious." Kaonashi says as he can't help but admire the food. "Well I told you." I proudly smiled at him. "Thanks for recommending it to me, y/n." He smiled back at me. "I wonder if anyone loved how the event turned out?" I want to know the feedback of the staff and the spirits if they had fun. "Don't worry y/n, if I enjoyed it surely the others did too." He cheered me up with his sudden optimism.

"Oops, I almost forgot!" He shouted. "Is it important..?" I asked. "Well yes, we have to leave to go back right now!" He says. "It is getting late..." I then followed him back to the bathhouse.

"Wait a sec, why's the lights still on?" I asked Kaonashi due to my knowledge that the bathhouse always closed off lights once it's past 12 O'clock. "You have to close your eyes first." He informs me. "Why..?" I continue to question him. "Please~" He looks at me with such irresistible pouted puppy eyes.

 "Fine, better not be something horrific." I sarcastically said as I closed my eyes. "Don't worry, it's not even close to it." He reassured me. I heard the door creak as he opened it to pull me inside the bathhouse and still left me wondering what it could be. "Don't peek, please." He says excitedly. "Oh okay." I can't help but chuckle from his current action. "Alright, now." He says.

As I open my to a- "Surprise!" from only the staff but including the majority of spirits who are currently residing at the bathhouse. "Oh my go-" I was about to say due to such astonishment that my words were then cut off yet again. "Congratulations, my dear." Gran Zeniba says from the top floor facing the entry. "You did good, kiddo!" Lin says as she is currently giving a nuggy. "Well done on making this event a success." She praised me for doing a good job.

"Who thought of this..?" I was genuinely curious as to who was so thoughtful to even think of this. "It was all, No Face's idea!" Lin blurted out of the blue. As I see Kaonashi slightly blushing next to me. "Tha-thank you..." I said my gratitude yet was unaware for a minute of my face getting a bit red.

"Now, Let the celebration commence!" Gran Zeniba informed everyone to celebrate this late night party. I have to say this was very flattering to be celebrating for a good worth of work. It was very surprising that this party lasted till five in the morning. Let's just say we all ended up getting pretty wasted from it. 

I was then woken up by Kaonashi to him giving me a beverage. "Here, It appears you need it for your headache." He passes me a glass of hangover drink. "Thanks..." I'm slightly uttering the words guessing that I still felt tipsy.

"How come you don't have a glass?" I asked. "I barely drank that much last night unlike you did." He scolded me. "H-hey..hic-" I suddenly get interrupted by the hiccups. "Here, drink some water." He then gives me another glass. "Screw it, I'm tired." I said. "What do you mean by screw?" He asks what is its definition. 'Shit.' He innocently doesn't know much does he? I thought. "It just means nevermind." I explained.

"Well if you don't mind, my lady." He said as he was about to carry me to his arms. "Wa-wait what are you doing...?" I was flustered by his surprising behavior. "You did say that you were tired just a second ago, remember?" He says to jog my memory due to me still being all tipsy. "Well yes I did but-" He annoyingly cut me off to escorting me upstairs to bring me to my room.

He opened the door and gently placed me on the tatami bed. As to cover me also with a blanket that he decided to stay beside me just by sitting a few steps away. I would say that his current gesture of showing care is purely sweet.

He then takes a few steps closer to shockingly get so utterly close to my face to ask. "Do you need anything, anything at all?" He asked me. "No, I'm good...thanks to you." I replied to his question yet he wasn't budging an inch and his face still remained close to mine. "Y/n..." He silently says while I was distracted by his dazzling onyx eyes. "Please, rest for now." He benevolently went to kiss my forehead and excuse himself out of my room leaving me all stunned to what has happened once again.