ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺 : ᴀɴ ᴀʟʟᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I woke up as to then find myself alone in the room. In no range of my sister in sight. I then go up and out of the room. To my surprise Lin was right there in middle of the lobby as she was expecting me. She was giving me a hand gesture to get closer to her. As I had reach there and greeted her. She then started talking to me.

"Goodmorning, Lin~" I greeted her happily.

"Oh...um.. goodmorning to you as well kid. So, did you rest well on your first night in the bathhouse?" She asked for clarification.

"Yes I did fortunately but where is my older sister?" I asked.

"Welp kid, I can't blame your sister for not literally seeing her boyfriend for a long time to her rushing over to see him again." She spoken.

"Wha-what? Boyfriend!?" I shouted from that out of the blue statement.

"Wow, you don't know?" She said in disbelief.

"It appears so..." I confessed showing a bit of self-disappointment that I had no idea my sister was in a relationship. Then I asked Lin.

"Who is he anyway?" If I can't learn it from my sister. I can atleast know from Lin.

"Haku... The boy she encountered when she first got here." She told me.

"Oh... I remember her acting all flustered due to her conversation with mister Bôh of wanting to see Haku immediately." As I talked to her.

"See... your sister has fallen that deep when she encountered him. Who knows kid, you might end up meeting your future significant other on your first time here like your sister did." Lin mockingly chuckles.

"Ohhh please~ as if I have time for such a distracting activity. I have you know I'm better off single as I am capable of taking care of myself." I said proudly.

"Yeahhh~ spoken like a true loner HAHAHAHA." Lin laughed out hysterically.

"Like you're one to judge." As I had retorted.

"Kid, my personal life is none of your business." She then clapped back at me.

"Same goes for you." I tried to do same towards her.

We did our damned debate and argument to us ending up laughing a lot for like an hour. I do admit I now understand why my sister was so fond of Lin due to her cool personality. I can already consider her a sister figure myself just like my sister did.

"So, what are you supposed to do at this time of the day... Don't have to do your assigned work?" I asked.

"I had actually finished them all but for this day. I was only ordered by Master Bôh to give you the tour of the bathhouse." Lin said.

"Sure, lead the way!" I let her take the lead.

Hours flew by as we had been through mostly every part of the bathhouse. The only thing that is left for us to go is the boiler room. Whom I get to meet an interesting yet sweet old man named Kamaji. As I was watching how Kamaji operates the boiler for the bathhouse. I also get feel his welcoming and gentle nature towards me including him treating me like his own granddaughter which was very heartwarming.

I then put my shoes away and try to store it on one of the drawer storage in the walls. To encounter little creatures called the Soot Sprites. They are quite adorable yet very strong and their job is to carry the coal that feeds the fires that heat the water for the bathhouse above. To my amusement they carried and stored my shoes for me which I'm very flattered by.

As I started to noticed it was getting dark. I gradually excused myself and thanked everyone for welcoming me in the bathhouse and how nice they treated me. I go outside for a late night stroll of the bathhouse to see what the spirit realm looks like compare to when it was normal when me and my sister got here. I have seen different spirits being in their majestic and extravagant entity. To also pass through the once previous isolated town to seeing a lot of shadows being vendors to sells their goods to the spirits. As I went pass the town, I currently reached what seem to be lavish plain that is now a body of water.

"Well seeing is believing." I said to myself.

As I stared at the abyss of water. I then get to feel like someone was next to me. I got alarmed that I have never met this what seem a person before. I was cautious at first because he was just wearing a white mask with a purple pigment type of design. I wouldn't be lying that I am not intrigued by that. He definitely made a good first impression on me. He wasn't talking either but he let out a murmur of some sort.

"Ah."

As I try to talk to him. He magically disappeared upon me. It made me wonder who he was. He seemed to be a real person. Who knows since I am not sure. As I know me and my sister are the only humans in this world currently. So I doubt that person is human to begin with.

"I wonder if I'll ever get to see him again?" As I wander in my thoughts. To me going back to the bathhouse and is willing to spend another day in this wonderful place which I am looking forward to.