ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟸 : ᴄʟᴀʀɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

𝐊𝐚𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"I can't believe I just did that!? Will she hate me? Will we still be friends!?" I thought to myself. I can't help but scold myself for such a vulgar act. I was then summoned by my master to her office. She was giving me this unsettling look such as dissatisfaction.

"What's wrong, master?" I ask. "What the heck was that just now, No Face!?" She shouts out her anger as I lean a bit to see her crystal ball as I put things together. "You were spying on us!?" I shout back. "Respect your elders! You weakling." She rebuked.

"I can't believe you're so dense in your own actions." She slowly shakes her head from clearly showing her disappointment. "What do you mean!?" I got flustered by her sudden reaction. "You clearly like her don't you!?" She tells me off. "Y/n..?" I ask. "Who else you nitwit!?" She rants.

"Of course, I do like her." I told my master. "Oh my child, you've no idea where your heart is settling..." She shows her expressive exhaustion. "What are you talking about? That was just a friendly gesture." I said. "Friendly!? Are you saying that face of hers have seen your gesture as a friendly one?" She points at her crystal ball to show me y/n blushing.

I blushed as well from seeing her as I touched my lips from astonishment. "Aha! you're catching feelings!" Zeniba notified me. "I-it can't be..how is this even different from Sen." I stated. "Oh..No-Face what you two have has nothing to compare with what you and Sen had." She said.

I looked at her to seek an explanation and she sighs as she starts. "When you had encountered Sen she just let you into the bathhouse due to showing her hospitality to you. You tried so much to gain her attention that you lost track of yourself to you losing out of control." She honestly said her observation of it. "What makes y/n different?" I ask.

"She sees you as you are, not as a customer." She stated to which I can clearly understand. She compared what Sen first thought of me compared to y/n. "Y/n saw right through you, the real version of you just wanting to be accepted. Sen had no choice but to run away from the other side of you being all sorrowful and on a rampage but Y/n chose to run straight towards you to embrace that." She's proving her point.

"What must I do now?" I seek her guidance. "You need to make sure what exactly is your feeling towards that girl." She advised me. "Thank you, master." I showed her my gratitude. "Anything for you, my son." She said maternally. I was about to leave the office before saying "Oh and please call me Kaonashi from now on, mother." I humbly smiled at her as to accepting her being my motherly figure which left a heartwarming expression on her face.

I excuse myself out of there to go to y/n's room to clear things out once and for all of what my feelings are towards her. I reached her room to see her not on the tatami bed she layed on last time I saw her. I left the room to search for her. I looked at every nook and cranny of the staff quarters and baths of the house. I went outside if she decided to roam out of the area where we last hung out. She was still nowhere to be seen and it made me worried. I decided to go back to the bathhouse.

I wanted to report to mother that she went missing. "Mother! y/n is missing!" I barged through the door to see mother was having a discussion with her. "What do you mean...she's right here, my son." She stated as eyes pointed at her presence. "I-i..i." I stuttered from sudden embarrassment to being immediately cut off. "Well then it appears you two need to talk right now. I'll leave you two at it." She rushed to the door leaving the two of us alone at her office.

"It's very sweet how you and Gran-gran finally acknowledge each other as mother and son." She smiles at my progress in forming my relationship to others. "Well there's something I also wanted to acknowledge." I took a step forward close to her but she was taking a step backwards to my action but I wasn't planning to stop that easily as I continue to do so.

She was unaware of the chair behind her. I had her cornered as she fell to the chair and I leaned myself to get closer ignoring the world around us. I looked at her reaction seeing all red and flustered from this situation. I can't help but smirk as of this moment. "Y/n. You,Boh,Yu-bird, and including the Master who I now consider my mother are ones in my life who understands me but why do my feelings say that you're more than that?" I ask her. "H-huh..?" She sat there oblivious to my saying.

"While everyone else treats and sees me as a monster." I continue yet she's still not fully aware of what else I was about to say. "So y/n, have you ever once seen me as a monster too?" I then popped the question to waiting for her answer.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Why would he ask me that of all questions? Well, I have to be straight with him. "Well I would be lying if I won't admit I ever saw you that once or twice." I told him. "So you're one of-" He almost accused me but I cut him off. "But what makes you different is that you're willing to be better than that." I said as I gave him a gaze of my sincerity.

He still continues to stare at my eyes as if he's asking for a more elaborate explanation. "Humans, spirits, shadows. Whatever! I wouldn't ever act all prejudiced just by the bad rumors circulating around that individual unless I meet them myself." I stated. "And..?" He's still seeking for more. "For a self labeled monster, I would say that you're a good one." I said all I could say.

I closed my eyes for second from the pressure of such embrassment claim. I suddenly peek at his face, being all stunned for a while and then later getting to my face. I wanted to lean further away but I was all in vain when he lowered his arms on the chair fully, having me all cornered. He gets closer and closer to my face again as if social distancing is nothing to him.

"So what you're saying is...that I'm a monster yet a good one so it doesn't matter." He stated as I noticed he was staring at my lips which made me flustered and snapped out of it to nod at him. He then looked again at my eyes and was still getting closer. "He-hey you're getting too close." I told him yet he still gets closer by letting our foreheads touch. "I am really fond of the answer you have given me." He smiled his most precious smile. "I truly am." He stated and I swore I could tell he was smirking just now or was it my imagination.