Chapter 7

SERENA POV

My head throbbed with a hangover the moment I began to wake up. God, how much did I drink last night?

There was a pulse inside my skull that made my head feel sensitive to the slightest sound and light. Thankfully the curtains were closed so there was only a faint amount of light streaming in, just enough to see around the bed.

There were clothes scattered on the floor. My skirt, top, underwear, and what looked like a button-up?

I don't remember wearing a button-up last night.

No, Joyce and I were at the club last night.

The memories of last night flooded into my mind.

I had sex with Clayton!

My eyes snapped open as I felt movement behind me.

I looked down to see his tanned, muscular arm wrapped possessively around my waist.

The heat from his chest was radiating onto my bare back.

"Good morning, Amore Mio," He mutters in a husky voice into my ear. A shiver runs through me at how deep his morning voice was. Damn, I never knew a voice could be so sexy. (**translation- my love)

I slowly turn in his arms, trying to not upset my head more than it already was.

He pulled me closer until my face was buried into his chest and my body was half on his. It felt good, don't get me wrong, but this was not something I do. I was not used to being in this position.

I had never been one to sleep around, especially considering I have been in a relationship for the past few years. Even if I never took it seriously, there was no sex involved. Not with Lance or any other men.

Why didn't he leave while I was asleep? Wasn't that what normally happens.

"So you're a shy one, huh Scarlet?" He asks against my hair before placing a kiss there. I quickly recover from my shock and looked up at him as he places my head against his chest.

"Not particularly," I say bluntly. "I'm just not the kind of girl to have a one-night stand."

"Who said this was a one night stand?" He interrupts me with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

"Its not?" I ask confused.

His eyes go hard for a second at my question and I stiffen. His facial expression was one you would see on someone before they plunge a knife into your chest.

"Why would it be a one-night stand?"

"I don't know, maybe because I live in a different country," I say and avoid his eyes. They were too intense to stare into for long.

"I was drunk and wasn't thinking about what I was doing. I'm sorry if you thought this was something else."

Guilt plunged into my chest at my actions of last night.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to that damned club.

I sit up in bed and slide towards the edge, holding the blankets to my bare body. He didn't stop me but shifted his body so he was sitting up with his back resting against the wall. The blankets hanging dangerously low on his waist, showing his intense abs and muscles.

"Scarlet, come here."

This conversation seemed like I was breaking up with him. And the last time I did that, I got punched in the face.

I turned to face him while standing beside the bed. He slowly grabs my hand that was hanging by my side.

"I'm sorry, Clayton. We came on vacation to have fun. I never intended to sleep with someone. It was stupid to let myself lose control..."