Chapter 9

Serena POV

The warm sun was shining down brightly as I walked beside Joyce towards the drink bar. The warm sand running between my toes calmed my stressed-out mind.

Joyce interlaces her arm in mine and I look at her with a smile.

"I told you that swimsuit was worth the purchase!" She says bumping her hip into mine. I look down at the black two-piece I had on with a thin black coverup that went to my knees.

It was more seductive than her lavender high-waisted bikini.

"I feel like all my bits are out in the open and about to fall out," I say close to her ear as I pull the cover-up over my body more.

"That's the whole point, just wait until Clayton sees you. He will be drooling before he drags you into the water and slowly pulls down your..."

"Okay! I get it," I cut her off loudly with a laugh.

"Speaking of the boys, where are they?"

"I think Clayton said they had to run and settle a business deal or something."

"That was over two hours ago!" She wines and I shake my head as I sit at the bar top. I watch the bartender move around to a few different groups, sweat coating his handsome face. He was shirtless, showing off his tanned skin and muscular body.

"Oh my god," Joyce says then leans into my ear with her mouth hanging open. "Is that Luca?"

I glance over at her with an arched brow. "Who?"

"Remember, the guy from the hotel desk the first day we were here." I try to recall but my mind was so fuzzy from tiredness. "He had the hots for you?"

"Just because someone is nice, doesn't mean they have the hots for me," I say with an eye roll at her.

"I think the universe is about to prove my point," She says and I stare at her with confusion before a deep voice jumps in.

"Hello, ladies,"

I turn my head towards the Italian voice behind the bar to see his eyes trained on me with a wide smile that showed his white teeth.

"I see you are enjoying the wonderful weather we are having," He looks between us before focusing his eyes back on me. It was like he was staring into my soul. "What can I get for you?"

"I will have a Bellini," Joyce says quickly. He glances at her with a nod before turning back to me.

"For you, Bellissima?" (**translation- beautiful***)

"I'll have the same, thank you," I say bluntly.

"Told you," She says and I shake my head with a laugh as I turn my back to the bar top and look over the beach.

It was pretty packed for a weekday, but that was expected on such a beautiful day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky to block the sun's rays.

Many people were out in the water, splashing around with their significant others.

My eyes watched a couple laugh and smile in the water as the man threw her over his shoulder and brought them both down into the water. They came up with wide smiles as she jumped on his back.

Sadness filled my heart with longing for what they had.

A normal, happy life.

"Here you are," Luca says returning with our drinks. I turn back to face him to see the clear glasses full of peach puree and sparkling wine. It looked delicious.