Chapter 27

Serena POV

After the scene with the Collins being shot, conversations automatically begin and everyone continues as they were before like there weren't dead bodies at the top of the stairs.

Just reminding me that the people in this room were not normal.

They were cold-blooded killers.

Much like what I used to be.

I stood frozen for a few seconds trying to calm my breathing down before I remembered the reason we were there.

Ricardo would soon be bleeding as he begged for life.

And I'll be damned if I didn't take some of these others assholes down too.

Massimo released my waist and took a small step in front of me to analyze my face before turning to the person holding my hand beside me.

"Who the fuck are you?" He growls roughly while pulling me into his side, the person's hand dropping from mine.

Snapping out of my daze I look up at the person in front of me. They were in a nice suit with a perfectly bloomed red rose in the pocket to add a touch of color. His mask covered hardly any of his face besides the area around his eyes.

His hair is black, his skin a dark tan with chiseled facial bones. His eyes were focused on me and my body relaxed under his stare.

"Tomas," I say in nearly a whisper before I wrapped my arms tightly around him. He laughed into my shoulder before hugging me back tightly to the point it pushed the air from my lungs.

He snuggled his face into my shoulder and placed a light kiss as he rubbed my back lightly.

We stood holding each other for a few minutes before I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to release him. Massimo gave him a harsh glare before I joined his side again.

I gave Tomas and cheeky smile before gesturing to Massimo. "Tomas, this is Massimo, your half brother."

Tomas takes a second before he removes his eyes from me and turns to his brother. He puts a hand out with a smile on his face.

Instead of taking his hand, Massimo glares down at the extended hand until he drops it.

Tomas must realize the hard feelings Massimo has for him due to who his father is, so he drops the formalities and turns back to me.

"Look at you! You have tattoos now!" He says gesturing to me in a way that made me blush. He always did have that effect on me where he made me feel like the most beautiful person in the room. "You have changed so much."

"That better be in a good way," I say pointing at him and he laughs while shaking his head.

"Of course. You have never looked bad a day in your life," He says then turns to Massimo. "This girl could be woken up at any time of the night and she would still look like a supermodel. All the men were always drooling over her no matter where she went or what she looked like."

I slap his arm playfully and shake my head with a chuckle. "That is not true."

"Yes, it is! They were just too scared of you to let you notice."

Hearing that I stiffened a little. Maybe that's why nobody but Tomas talked to me, they were all scared of me.

"How did you find us?" Massimo suddenly asks while pulling me closer to his side possessively.

Tomas looks down at his hand on my waist before into my eyes. I smile at him and he looks over at Massimo.

"I can recognize her a thousand miles away," He says in a stern voice that I haven't heard in a long voice. He only pulled it out when he was serious or trying to show off something. I raise an eyebrow as I look between the two of them.