Chapter 33

Serena POV

Time seemed to freeze for a second as I stood in front of the hotel doors.

Massimo was here. So were Joyce, Chester, Spencer, and a few other of his men. Two black SUVs were pulled up sideways in front of the hotel.

Joyce was sitting in the front car with the door open. Her mouth was open as she screamed something out.

Chester and Spencer had their backs to each other, their arms straight in front of them. Pistols in both of their palms, firing in slow motion.

Massimo has a guy against his chest, holding him in a chock hold with a knife pressed to his neck.

He seemed to sense my presence as his eyes snapped to mine.

The glimmer I grew to love filled his eyes.

Time returned to normal again.

Gunfire filled my ears.

Massimo slit the man's throat before throwing him to the ground, not moving his eyes from mine.

I smiled at him before his eyes moved behind me.

"Serena!" A voice yelled. My head snaps to the side as Joyce throws a gun at me. I catch it, spin around, and shoot the man running toward me right between the eyes.

They were wearing black masks over their heads and seemed to be coming from the alleyway.

Pedestrians ran for cover into the buildings as the streets filled with gunfire.

The gun fired a few times in my hand as I dropped bodies.

Adrenaline filled my veins at the sensation.

A warm chest touched my back. An arm came over my shoulder as he continued to fire his pistol.

His other arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me flat against him.

Together we took down the last few men running from the space between the hotel and the restaurant.

As the last body dropped, my eyes did a quick scan of the space.

There was no movement coming from either direction.

I turn around in Massimo's embrace and meet his eyes once more.

His smile is warm and full of love.

"You came back," he says in a rough voice.

"I will always come back to you," I say in the same tone.

As if we couldn't stand the distance, we slam our lips together in a rough embrace. My arms loop around his neck to pull him closer and he gladly accepts. He lifts me by my thighs and wraps my legs around his body.

"You are never leaving my side again," He whispers against my lips.

"Never."

We embrace each other for a few more minutes before someone yells at us.

"We gotta get going," Spencer yells at us with a smile in his voice. "Clean up crew is going to be here in two. Cops will be here in ten."

Not moving our eyes from each other, he sets me down on the ground again.

"Let's head back home," I say with a smile on my lips.

Home.

I finally found my home.

*************************************************************************

THE END

I have to end it on a happy note so people don't kill me.

I hope you all enjoyed reading!

If you liked this book, feel free to check out my other stories!