Chapter 19

Serena POV

The room was silent as all three men expressed different emotions.

One angry, one confused, and one thinking.

"Who's Lance?" Jason asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Her ex-boyfriend that she dumped before she came to Italy," Spencer says looking at the blank screen with a hand under his chin.

"So you're fine with your ex-boyfriend being tortured?" Jason asks and all eyes snap to him. "Sorry. So this Lance guy has no idea where you are?"

Massimo was quiet as he stared with eyes of fury at the screen.

"Nope," I say and look at the screen again. "Even if they trace my phone since he was calling and texting me, it's showing my location somewhere in Idaho."

"Idaho?" Spencer asks with a smirk on his face.

"If they choose to track my phone they can have fun in the state of miles and miles of corn."

"What should we do about the video?" Spencer asks looking between Massimo and me as if he were unsure who ask.

Knowing who has the real power here, I look over at Massimo to see him already looking at me.

Did he expect me to give the order on what to do?

I opened my mouth the speak but the door bursts open.

We all look over to see Joyce's heavy breathing as she scans the room before standing straight.

"What is it?" Massimo asks coldly.

"You have to see this..." She says breathlessly as she walks over to us holding her phone out.

I arch my eyebrow as I take hold of her phone. Massimo comes beside me and watches the small screen.

It was from the ring camera outside of our apartment.

We watch as three men stand in front of the front door. They look around before one kicks the door in.

"Recognize them?" Massimo asks. I rewind and pause on the three faces.

"Ricardo's men. Not high ranking so he must have expected me to fight back," I say and look over at him. "He didn't expect them to make it back."

My eyes look back down and scan over them for a moment. I point at the screen where there was a small reflection against one of the men's chests.

"Cameras. So Ricardo has visual proof that I was there before sending higher-ups."

"It gets worse," Joyce says putting her laptop on the desk. I set her phone down and turn to the new device.

Massimo taps the mouse and a new screen appears. Our apartment.

The door bursts open before the three men enter the apartment.

They start breaking everything and flipping stuff over. Looking for anything that would be helpful.

"Click the screen until it gets to her room," Joyce says and Massimo does.

"You put a camera in my room?" I ask looking back at her. Her face goes pale at my deadly stare. "Dude I changed in there."

"Sorry," She mutters but I roll my eyes and go back to the screen.

The camera was hidden in the corner right above the door, showing my full room.

The men were more careful as they looked through my stuff for a while. Massimo fast-forwarded it a few minutes before playing.

One of the men flipped my mattress before cutting it open. I felt myself stiffen slightly as I watched the screen.