Chapter 21

Massimo POV

Waking up to an empty bed has never been uncommon for me.

Not saying that I have never spent the night with a woman, just that they leave after we both are satisfied for the night.

But waking up to an empty bed after she had slept there last night sent me into a near panic mode.

Without even thinking, I shot out of bed, threw a shirt on, and went searching.

The sun was just rising so it had been around seven in the morning. Maybe she got up to eat some breakfast.

But the bed was cold beside me meaning she got up a while ago.

Racing down the stairs I nearly trample over someone at the bottom.

"Sorry, sir," Cielo says with a tired look on his face.

"Were you on patrol last night?" I ask with a stern tone. His back straightens immediately and his eyes snap open.

"Yes sir, I just got off."

"Did you see Serena?" I race out in a hurry as if the faster I asked the question the faster I would find her.

What if she ran?

She was good at hiding... I would never find her again.

My eyes burned down on Cielo as he looked at me. His face was pale from my gaze.

"The last I saw her was around four thirty this morning."

"Where?" I shoot out.

"She asked me to take her to the training room. She might still be in there," He says and before he could finish I was already speed-walking down the hallway.

Please be in there.

Please be in there.

Getting to the door and swinging it open, my eyes scan the room for her and quickly find her.

She was standing behind the bench press while Spencer was laid down ready to do another set. Her eyes were fixed on the bar as he moved it up and down, his arms shaking in the process.

A deep breath left my lips. She didn't leave.

Rather than going to them right away, I watched her with interest from across the room.

Her hair was tied back into a tight pony showing more of her beautiful face. Her forehead was glistening with sweat from a good workout.

Moving my eyes further down her, I felt my chest tighten.

She was wearing a pair of tight green leggings that showed off her hourglass figure and just a black sports bra that showed the tops of her breasts. Her body was on display for all in the room and I could feel my blood boiling.

Others were peaking glances over at her. Either because they were trying to get a look at the bringer of death or because she was just that stunning. Whatever the reason, it made my fists clench at my sides.

I slowly made my way over once Spencer stood from his set with a heavy grunt. He lifted his muscle shirt and wiped his face, showing Serena his toned abs.

A groan escaped my lips as Serena ignored him and started moving the weights off of the bar. Spencer's head snapped to me and he quickly dropped his shirt down.

"Morning," Spencer says quickly as I look past him to Serena when she bent down to set a plate on the ground. Her perfectly round ass was sticking up in the air causing tightness in my pants.