40: milk fic references with side characters

The funeral sucked ass.

Dallon's parents had organised the funeral, and it sucked motherfucking ass.

For a start, Brendon wasn't even invited, and Dallon's cousin who he hated had concocted some sort of bullshit speech about how much Dallon would be missed.

They fucking spelt his name wrong on the invite too.

The funeral sucked ass.

Andy reckoned that leaving the funeral of your dead friend half way through was probably just about one of the most disrespectful things you could do, however Spencer had argued that there was absolutely nothing more disrespectful in this world that the goddamn funeral itself, and Joe had pointed out that it'd probably be disrespectful if they even continued to put up with this train wreck of an event, so with that the three boys left the church at four in the afternoon and headed off down the road.

Spencer was the first to undo his tie, having loathed every moment he'd felt frozen and restrained in such pointless formality, and especially pointless formality that he knew Dallon would never have cared for.

"This fucking sucks." He groaned, untucking his shirt, and taking a moment before just shrugging the suit jacket off his shoulders and onto the ground behind him.

"What's your mum going to say?" Joe asked, gesturing to the suit jacket on the floor, the three stopping for a moment to pay attention to the suit jacket now lying in a heap on the sidewalk.

Spencer shrugged. "I don't know." He was the first to start walking again, "I don't care," and with that, Andy chuckled, and the other two met his pace.

"This feels kind of wrong, that he gets no proper funeral, I mean." Andy pointed out, glancing to the other two as soon as the words had left his lips.

"I know it does, but what can we do about it?" Joe shrugged, shaking his head firmly, because fuck, Dallon did not deserve this at all. "This is just fucking unfair, I just... it's probably for the best Brendon wasn't invited to this fucking mess, because dear lord I-"

"I know what we can do." Spencer interrupted Joe midsentence, but not with a lack of a good reason, and with both pairs of eyes burning into him, he continued, "we can do the funeral ourselves - we can give him the funeral he deserves."

"We can't exactly go back in and steal his coffin, can we?" Andy's eyes widened as he even considered the notion of such an atrocity.

"We don't need to, it's like... it's the thought that counts, you know what I mean? I think Dallon can see this all from heaven or wherever the fuck he is right now, and he's most certainly going to care more for the good funeral held by his best friends than the shitty one with the people he hates but where his body just happens to be. And hey, you have to be pretty damn special to get two funerals, don't you?"

"Spencer Smith, you are a motherfucking genius!" And it that moment, Joe really could kiss him, but like, no homo.

"I know." His lips turned up into a grin.

"Where are we going to like hold it? And when and who are we going to invite?" Andy asked, leaving Joe to roll his eyes and pull his cellphone out of his suit jacket pocket.

"All of our friends: everyone who cares - they'll come, and it can be tonight, that bit of the park where no one goes, and we can have a cross with his name on to represent him or the coffin or whatever, and we can have people who actually care saying things they actually mean, and we can-"

"Joe, don't you think you're getting a little over excited over your friend's funeral?" Spencer raised one eyebrow and Joe just shook his head. "Anyway, what are people going to wear, like who the fuck owns a suit - this is my cousin's."