21: Pete Wentz: The Guy With More Eyeliner Than Friends

Alicia Simmons sometimes liked running away and getting away from everything: living another life for just a few hours, and for just a few hours she could pretend she was someone else completely, and that nothing of her shitty, confined, 'free' life mattered.

The subject of freedom even caused her to laugh, because she had nothing she could be free in; she was a seventeen year old, relatively attractive, relatively popular, Catholic school girl, and therefore, it seemed her life was everybody's business, and even furthermore so when it came to Mikey fucking Way - the nice guy with the stupid fucking fringe and the glasses just a little too far down her nose that people told her she shouldn't date, so she did.

But when she did, people started caring, and people fucking started acting like what happened in her private life with her boyfriend was at all their business, and when they broke up it seemed to be world fucking news. People wanted to know why, and when she told them nothing they just filled in the gaps for themselves, and that's how rumours, horrible, and in their hundreds were born.

But fuck, people telling her to get back with him, and that they were glad that she dumped, and that she was a bitch, and that he was an asshole, and that they were both shitty people, and that was why she needed to get away, and even if it was just a few hours, and even if she always wanted to run away forever, it was how she managed, and it was how she forgot things that had no place in a mind with some degree of sanity, because people were blind, and popularity really was nothing but a figurative prison cell.

And the worst, and yet somehow best, of all, was that no one, not a soul that cared knew why.

No one knew why, and no one knew what Mikey had done, and no one knew that Mikey Way with the fringe and the glasses had ruined his relationship with Alicia Simmons with the boobs and the miniskirts, and by fucking Pete Wentz, the guy with more eyeliner than friends. No one fucking knew that Alicia had pretty much caused someone to realise that they were gay.

She didn't know what to think, and really she just hated to know, because she could barely even fucking think straight with this mess, and she wasn't the kind of person that knew how to get some dope in five minutes flat, unlike Pete Wentz. Maybe that was what Mikey saw in him... or perhaps it was just his dick.

Fuck, perhaps Mikey was gay from the very start and Alicia just had to accept that she was nothing more than an experiment in sexuality to him, and she just had to accept that she was an experiment gone wrong, and an experiment abandoned, but not by the public, abandoned only by Mikey, and perhaps the one person she'd cared about.

Because Alicia didn't know what love was, but she reckoned that what she'd had with Mikey was pretty close. For starters, Mikey Way wasn't her usual type, you know, assholes who spend more time getting ready in the morning than their girlfriends.

So she'd concluded that perhaps the only way to get through this was to forget completely: to forget her friends, and Mikey, and Pete, and to forget them all.

Maybe she'd be gone longer than a few hours this time.

She couldn't tell anymore, anyway; she'd turned off her phone, and then thrown it in the lake, just like the first thing wasn't quite enough. At least now, no one could call her and no one could find her, and maybe too, they could forget about her as well in eventuality. Wouldn't that just be a dream?

But she wasn't dreaming, not this time, and her senses heightened by the handful of paracetamol she'd taken as she'd left her house, ensured of that, but it wasn't quite enough, and nothing was quite real, or quite worthwhile, not yet anyway. And she wasn't even the type to do things like this, she'd never taken pills or smoked anything before, and up until now, getting drunk once or twice a month had remained her greatest sin.