26: gerard dyed his hair therefore i am too unstable to think of a chapter name

Sarah Orzechowski found herself lying to her parents for probably the third time today, and it really wasn't something she should be keeping up, or be nearly as good as at she was, but it wasn't like she was lying to her parents to go out and deal heroin or something.

It was just that they reckoned an eighteen year old 'young woman' shouldn't be worrying herself with music and stupid friends. And really, they were the kind of parents that made Sarah curious as to why she hadn't been married off yet, but of course, she was thankful to be over exaggerating there, even if just a little.

And it was just that her parents really would not approve her being the lead singer of an all girl punk band, although they probably would have to be relieved that she wasn't hanging around with 'strange men', but then again, within seconds they'd probably have a heart attack about running the risk of their daughter 'becoming' a lesbian.

It was ridiculous enough to ensure that Sarah even felt like lying was the right thing to do: it wasn't like she was actually hurting anyone, well, other than her parents' self pride, but whatever, that was something she could live with as she muttered something to her mother about extra time at work to help pay for university fees, and left.

Really, she was just so fucking glad that she was the singer here, because there was no way in hell that she was going to be able to smuggle a musical instrument out of the house every week without her mother ever questioning it.

And of course, she was the only member of the band who had assholes for parents, but then again, half of the band didn't even live with their parents anymore, but at the very least, Jamia Nestor was there playing guitar to ensure that she wasn't the youngest.

She waited until the end of her road before she let her hair down - quite literally, and pulled off her sweater to reveal an 'L7' shirt, which her mother would probably burn if she ever caught onto the existence of, but as established, Sarah Orzechowski was a fantastic liar.

And as she was within a few houses of Kitty's, (Kitty, being the band's drummer, and a pretty kick-ass one at that, too) she was tying the particularly ugly sweater around her waist, and fixing her hair for the seven hundredth time, because she could be kick-ass and punk rock, and yet still cute as fuck at the same time.

"So you finally decided to turn up, huh?" Lindsey caught Sarah's attention out of nowhere, raising her eyebrows as the eighteen year old approached her with nothing short of an entirely pissed off expression upon her face. "They sent me outside to look for you - something about you being ravaged by a gang of possums or something, I don't know..."

"Yeah, it was my mum being a royal bitch, and not a gang of possums, surprisingly." Sarah let a grin cross her lips as the two made their way inside.

"She barely let's you outside the house, Jesus Christ - I haven't seen you in far too long." Lindsey exclaimed, expressing her personal disgust towards Sarah's mother, which was something the two shared.

"Yeah, I met this guy a few days ago and I haven't had anyone to talk about him to and it's killing me." Sarah exclaimed, using the term 'killing me' very literally, because after being punk rock as fuck, cute boys was the most important thing in her life.

"God, Sarah, you're so fucking straight!" Lindsey exclaimed, rolling her eyes in indication of the sarcasm behind her words.

"I'm sorry, I'm not the reason we have to interrupt practices, you know? When our bass player decides to just have a make out session with our guitar player like half way through a song, yeah." Sarah shook head in mock disapproval and Lindsey just rolled her eyes as they made their way into the attic where Kitty and Jamia had finished setting up and were now just generally dicking around.