16: The Passed Out Emo On The Floor

"I can't fucking go to school like this, with what I've said. Surely you'd understand." Frank stood in Lindsey's kitchen: face distressed and half empty coffee cup in hand, his words directed now at Gee, despite it being Lindsey who'd told him to go to school in the first place.

"You're going to have to face them some day, you know that, Frank." Lindsey exhaled, acting utterly maternal as she buttered Gee a piece of toast, the twenty five year old sat at the table: eyes almost blank and fixated upon the back wall and the nothingness it held as he tried his not to give into the white powdered cravings that crawled over his mind like little destructive spiders.

"Not necessarily. I don't have to ever talk to any of them ever again." He mumbled, his face buried in his coffee mug as he leaned back against the wall, defiant upon the fact that he wasn't moving for anything right now, and he was technically still a teenager so he was allowed to be an angsty little shite as much as he wanted, thank you very much.

"Stop acting like you're thirteen, Frank, or I will start to care about this eight year age difference between you." Lindsey rolled her eyes, buttering Gee's toast and putting it on a plate in front of him for him to eat - the twenty five year old only ignored its presence entirely: he didn't even seem to be fully conscience of anyone’s existence right then.

"I'm eighteen in a few months time, you know." He reminded her, perhaps just out of snideness, because it didn't even seem to matter at all, especially not as she took notice of how Gee seemed to be twitching, biting down on his lip so hard it began to bleed.

"You shouldn't have fucking done that shit, Gerard." She snapped, addressing him by his full name in a manner that caused both Gee and Frank to jolt up; Frank in confusion and Gee in what almost seemed to be fear: his eyes meeting Lindsey's with what was almost a whimper, still twitching, and lip now bleeding. "You're craving - I can see that. Anyone can."

"Wait what?" Frank jumped up at that, walking over to where Lindsey had taken the chair beside Gee and standing opposite them, catching Gee's wide eyed and almost vacant gaze, but only momentarily.

Lindsey looked between Frank and Gee with an almost questioning look as she weighed up the pros and cons of letting the truth slip in her mind. "I don't think it's entirely my secret to tell. I sure as hell want to, considering just how much he's pissed me off with this, but believe it or not, I do consider myself a decent human being, I mean it's kinda bad-"

"I pretty much overdosed on cocaine." Gee spat out, drowning out Lindsey's words in his confession and the silence that followed as Frank struggled to even discover what he thought, because right now his mind was nothing but empty as he felt like nothing but curling up and disappearing. "It was just something to do - I mean it was kind of like drowning and I kind of liked that, I guess. It was just forgetting."

"I'm sorry, Gee, I mean... I just-" Frank fell into the chair opposite, burying his face in crossed arms pressed down against the table, and Lindsey was just speechless as Frank started to let out a little, muffled sobs.

At first Gee could just sit there and stare, because this was Frank, and as stupid as it sounded it was almost as if he'd even forgotten that his boyfriend was only seventeen and was just so fucking confused and still some fucking high school wreck, because to him Frank was just cool, and Frank just stole his cigarettes and Frank didn't care that he wore miniskirts, and Frank didn't care, and most certainly Frank didn't cry, but he did.

"Frankie..." Gee finally croaked out, his muscles tensing up as the seventeen year old pulled up his red and swollen gaze to meet his boyfriend's and everything seemed to stop for a good few minutes as Lindsey considered leaving the room and the then fact that she really didn't want them to end up making out on her kitchen table.