5: Bob Bryar The Weed Leprechaun

"Of course you're here." Frank jumped at the sound of Jamia's voice, not only did every nerve in his body turn on end, but he felt himself physically move away from Gee also. It wasn't as if they were even doing anything particularly noteworthy, it was really just the look Frank and Jamia shared that explained everything.

"You want a smoke?" Gee asked, awkwardly offering up his box of Marlboro in some form of distraction from the fact that he was sat on his bed with her seventeen year old best friend.

"I'm good, had one on the way here." She answered the older boy in a calm tone before turning to Frank and practically channelling Satan himself through her words. "What the actual fuck do you think you're doing, Frank Iero? Like there's the face value of this situation, and then there's Mikey and Ray and the fact that you've got a detention tomorrow, also the school called your mum so she's worried as to where the fuck you are, and it's not as if I could've told her you were skipping school to fuck a cross dresser- sorry, Gee... I..."

"It's fine." He smiled in response, far too distracted by the fact that he'd just been referred to as Frank Iero's boyfriend, which was something he was far too okay with.

"He's not my boyfriend and we didn't fuck, Jamia. We-" Frank began, trying to explain the situation to his friend whilst trying not to freak the fuck out because his mum was definitely going to at least consider grounding him, and sneaking out was always such a fucking effort.

"You what?" Jamia let out a sigh, sitting down on the bed between the two of them. "Fucking hormonal teenage boys, man."

"Actually, I'm twenty five." Gee piped up, he wasn't sure for what reason other than childishly proving a point. Frank however was rather taken aback by that fact, as it really began to sink in that he was twenty five, one of his stepdads had been twenty five when his mum married him, fuck.

"My mum married a twenty five year old once." Frank suddenly found himself speaking aloud before he could stop himself, and just turned a horrible shade of red. Thankfully Gee was in hysterical laughter, falling back against the bed, and for Frank, Jamia felt like a real fucking cockblock right now.

"The one from Thailand? Wasn't he like pagan or something?" Jamia asked as Gee slowly pulled himself back up from the foetal position on the bed.

"Buddhist." Frank corrected her, shrugging slightly and reaching for Gee's packet of Marlboro.

"You're going to get lung cancer at this rate, Iero." She rolled her eyes and shook her head in a manner of almost maternal disappointment. "Also, pass me one."

"Hypocrite." Frank declared as he passed her the box. "So how pissed is my mum on a scale of one to ten?" He threw the words casually into the air.

"Just turn on your phone and fucking call her - your mum's cool, she should be fine. It's seriously Mikey you should be worried about, Pete's told him you've run off to join a Mexican gang or something. School are pissed but you'll just get detention, that's all." Jamia rolled her words off casually, until she suddenly came to realise just who she'd mentioned Mikey in front of. "Fuck.."

"We talked, Jamia. He knows all of that." Frank explained as Gee blushed, taking the packet of Marlboro and lighting his own.

"And you're okay with that?" She turned to Gee, who appeared just a little flustered to be addressed quite so directly regarding the subject of his brother.

"Yeah, it's just Frank, he understands, and no one's ever done that before..." He let out a sigh, meeting Frank's eyes momentarily as he placed the cigarette between his lips and lit it with the lighter he retrieved form his pocket.