17: Mikey Way The Magical Queer Princess

"He's gone." And that was all Frank needed to say as he made his way into the dining room; Pete sat upon the table itself with what seemed like a litre of water beside him and two advils, Gee stood just a few metres away from him, his face deadset with concern, both for Pete and Frank, because they were the ones whose lives Mikey was not going to stop until he was sure he'd ruined.

"He's gone." Gee repeated, his voice reeking of irritance and he looked just as if he was about to punch a wall, but the twenty five year old valued the functionality of his knuckles far too much to do something quite as stupid and irrational as that.

"He... he always does this... it's fine." Pete exhaled loudly between his words, almost as if he was struggling for breath - that or struggling to get the words out, struggling to lie to himself, but not only himself, struggling to lie to Gee and Frank too.

"It's not fucking fine." Gerard snapped out, surprising both Pete and Frank with his sudden outburst of anger.

"Gee?" Frank's eyes soon grew dark with concern, making his way over to his boyfriend, and leaving Pete to try not to pass out on the table by himself.

"I... I... just hate that he's related to me, and I hate how he acts, and just fucks thing up for everybody, because he was always just far too eager to blame everything on me at home, and Pete he treats you like fucking shit - he has the nerve to be all fucking worried and anxious because he likes you, and then only to treat you like this, and it's damn ridiculous. And then he gest the nerve to be personally offended that his best friend is gay, when he really isn’t the straightest fucking person ever."

"You don't hate him, though?" Frank asked, eyes dilating as he came to look at his boyfriend with a nervous disposition and a certain uncertainty. 

"I fucking should, but he's my brother, and fucking family always just fucks you up in the end-" And Frank watched with wide eyes as Gee broke down into tears, and even in the state he was in, Pete turned around in shock: the two highschoolers shared a look as Gee tried to barge past Frank and make his way out, only to be meet by nothing but certainty from the seventeen year old.

"Gee, come on, running away's not going to do anything." Gee only shook his head in response, reluctant to agree with the obvious truth Frank was presenting him with. "Mikey ran away from his problem - do you want to be like him, Gee?" Perhaps he was just stepping over the line there, but maybe Gee had a point, and maybe Mikey had fucked everyone else over just enough to deserve it just this once, or maybe even twice, quite possibly three times, maybe four-

"I think Mikey's just really self-conscious and is perhaps killing himself in his head over the whole gay thing, because he likes you, Pete, there's no question about that. The only concern is to what extent and then to what extent is he willing to show it." Frank exhaled, taking his boyfriend's hand as Pete got up from the table, still clutching his head just a little.

"I wish there was nothing between us, I just, it would... be easy, but I can't... because I just... I-" Pete shook his head, his lips battling his tongue as the words caught in his throat: three little words that he daren’t admit to anybody, not even himself, especially not Mikey's best, or perhaps ex best, friend.

"We don't get a choice in who we love - not really." Gee exclaimed, catching Frank's gaze for just a moment, as the seventeen year old wondered just what horrors he'd go back to school to face tomorrow, because this shit had most definitely doubled in its 'oh fuck this will ruin my life' factor.

"I just wish he'd make his mind up, because I am so sick of all of this, because there's his girlfriend innocent and naive to all of this, and there's no way in hell he ever deserved to date Alicia Simmons, and especially not now, especially not with what he's done." Pete shook his head, as he couldn't quite shake the feeling that Alicia was just better than him and he was always a second choice and Mikey's little secret and he just couldn't do that, and he didn't want to do that, because he didn't want to be this. "Alicia deserves to know."