Leaving with him

(Emery)

The next day came rather quickly, and now I was getting ready to leave. William didn't want to go to school because he didn't want to miss saying goodbye to me, so Mom allowed him to stay home just for this.

“Remember to call me if you need anything, which I doubt will happen.” Mom said and I nodded my head. She didn't even hug me as she turned and walked back inside the house.

“Maybe I'll be next to be sold off, seeing how she's so eager to get rid of you.” I narrowed my eyes at William, not liking what he had just said. I would make sure to protect him with my life, rather than see her do that to him.

“it's time to leave Emery, say your final goodbyes and get in the car.” The bastard of a man, Hunter said, and I rolled my eyes before hugging my little brother.

“I promise that I'll come visit you, and you will be able to visit me on weekends and holidays, this is not over, William. Remember I love you, ok?” He grinned at me and held his pinky finger out.

“Always have, always will?” He asked, and I nodded my head, sealing it with a promise I was determined to keep. I got in the car shortly after, I didn't know how I felt about leaving my home and heading off to a new environment.

I didn't feel excited, only sadness, maybe a bit depressed as well. Hunter didn't talk to me for the rest of the journey and neither did his driver, who was too busy focusing on the road. I was bored out of my mind, staring at the scenery outside was the only thing that I could do to keep my mind occupied.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at Hunter's home. To tell you the truth, I would rather live in a one-bedroom house instead of such a huge mansion.

What's the use of having a mansion with so many rooms when it was just you? I'd say this was a waste of time and money. Plus, my patience would have been worn out eventually. Getting out of the car, I made my way to the trunk so that I could get my luggage, but Hunter told me to leave it and follow him, which I did.

Stepping inside the sorry excuse of a house, I could safely say that I was bored already. Yes, it was lovely and decorated with the finest of things, but like I said, this wasn't my style.

I was more comfortable back home, but now, I sighed as I continued to walk next to Hunter. He didn't even give me a tour of his mansion, only led me straight to the living room before telling me to sit down.

“Would you like something to drink?” Hunter asked, and I shook my head, denying his offer. He shrugged his shoulders then, with a smirk on his face, he leans closer to me.

“Let's get this over with, then.” He replied, making me shiver from what I believe to be disgust.

“We are going to get married this weekend. There will be someone here to take your measurement so that I can know your size. No, I don't want you to wear another ugly suit like what you had on yesterday. I'll be making sure you wear nothing but the finest things from now on.” I scoffed at him and then folded my arms.

“I don't need a sugar daddy.” I replied, making him laugh. If he thought that I was going to stoop as low as taking things from him, I won't. He has another thing coming.