The gift

(Emery)
After spending some time with my brother, he got tired so he went to sleep for a little bit. It's only six in the evening, but with him leaving school and moving here had been too much for him. I was so happy he was here though, it sort of made me feel less rebellious. Well sort of.

I was now in my room waiting for hunter to come home from whatever he was doing. I hate to admit that I, well maybe I...kind of miss him. It was hard for me to admit it because I didn't want to seem weak. I didn't want to be dependent on that one person I was forced to marry.

In the meantime I got in bed and took out my phone, scrolling through Netflix to see what I could watch after remembering that I had unlimited data on my phone and I already paid for a six months subscription. Finally after a long search, I decided to watch Star Trek deep space nine. What? I was a bit obsessed with it.

Ethan once called me a stupid mother fucker when we were watching the series together and I let it slipped out that I didn't like quark. That was the first time I saw ds9 though and then after that I changed my mind and found him to be one of the funniest character on the show. Couple hours into watching it, hunter finally came home and I stopped the video so that I could focus on him.

" so I um wanted to thank you for what you did for William. I know you didn't have to do it so I wanted to say thanks for getting him away from my mother." He only nodded his head before sitting next to me on the bed.

" it's no problem though, I would have done anything for y-anyone else who needed the help." I didn't call him out on his slip up there, so I let it go.

" what about that thing you ordered for me?" I asked and he snapped his fingers before getting up. He came back shortly after with a bag that marked Ross-simons on it. I raised my eyebrow at him and he shrugged his shoulders before handing it to me.

Going through it, I saw that it was a watch. It looks really expensive so I can see why he said he spent five thousand dollars for it. I didn't know what to say, I've never wore any jewelry before so this would be the first for me.

It took me a while to talk as I sat there staring at the watch. It was silent as he waits for me to say something. in my mind I was going over the fact that I didn't know why he would get me such an expensive gift. I know it wasn't really because of what he said before, I was only mad when he called me a prostitute so I wanted to use it against him as much as I could.

" I don't know what to say hunter."I replied honestly and he took a deep breath before answering.

" a simple thank you will be ok. Don't worry, I'll still get you more things. Now for the suit measurement. My tailor cancelled and won't be here until tomorrow. She's going to bring some suits with her for you to try on, because it's going to be a bit rushed for the wedding." I nodded my head as I continued to look at one of the most expensive gift I have ever received in my life. My bike didn't come close to this watch that's for sure, since I purchased a second hand bike.

" thank you hunter, this means a lot to me. That doesn't mean I'm forgiving you though." He groans as he drops his head in his hands.

" damn you can really hold a grudge." He replied and I laughed even though he was right. I guess I was starting to feel comfortable around him, too comfortable for my liking. I really don't know what to do about it anymore.