A passion for cooking

(Emery)
It was dark by the time I woke up, why did I have to sleep so long and I wasn't even tired? I just got back and saw hunter sleeping and couldn't resist. I have to say, that was the best sleep I have gotten for a while.

I was hungry, so I went in search of the kitchen I found earlier. Anthony wasn't here so I assumed he must be sleeping. Didn't hunter have a chef or something? Or did he cook for himself? Naw I don't think so. I bet Anthony was the one who cooks for him because hunter didn't seem like the type of person to do these sort of tasks.

After searching around, I found some spaghetti. I was going to use the already cooked ground beef I saw in the fridge, along with my special type of sauce. I use to make this all the time for my brother and I when my mother was too busy to take care of us. He loves it especially the sauce.

I had the light on so it was bright enough for me to see. Since the beef was already cooked, It didn't take long for me to complete the meal. I took some for myself and sat at the counter, then started to eat without a care in the world.

Shortly after I heard footsteps coming towards me and looked up. I saw Anthony and hunter and rolled my eyes because I knew why they were here.

" why didn't you wake us up for some? Are you that selfish when it comes to food?" Hunter asked as he glared at me. I nodded my head and smirked at him.

" without food I'm nothing. At least I made enough for everyone. look at Anthony, he's already dishing some out for himself. Why don't you do the same instead of complaining like a bitch?" I asked in a sweet tone that had Anthony laughing.

Hunter didn't say anything but decided to take Anthony's food, instead of sharing some for himself. Anthony was about to say something, but stopped when hunter reminded him about who's paying him.

They were like children, all of that could have been avoided but no, they resorted to bickering at each other instead. I went back to eating not bothering to waste my time on them anymore.

" by the way, you didn't have to cook. I have a chef and a housekeeper that comes here during the day to help. You didn't see them today because I gave them the day off." Hunter said as if I gave a damn.

" I've learned from a long time now, not to depend on others for something I'm capable of doing myself." I mumbled and he raised his eyebrow at me, but I didn't continue because I didn't feel like.

" I wanted to ask you if it was ok for my friends to visit me here." I was waiting for him to say no, but what he said next shocked me.

" of course it's ok, you are not a prisoner here emery. You are still free to come and go as you please. You just have to follow my every command and we will be ok." I groaned and got up, because I couldn't stay in his presence anymore. If I did, I would have been charged for murder and I really don't want to end up in prison.