pickpocket

stiles weaved in an out of the crowds that covered the pavement, occasionally slipping his hand hover wrists and pulling off nice looking watches, or bumping into someone and tucking their wallet into his sleeve.

so far today had been a good one. he'd managed to get three expensive looking necklaces, six watches and ten wallets, he even snatched a pair of earrings, miraculously.

smiling to himself he kept going, the soft jingle of stolen valuables sounded from his pocket.
however stiles never knew when to stop, the phrase 'quit while you're ahead' would only fall on deaf ears. he scanned the people around him. one man grabbed his attention and he slunk nearer, like a magpie he was attracted to shiny things and saw a great opportunity.

when he got closer stiles cursed under his breath, this man must be famous or something, he's got four bodyguards around him. then a smile made its way on his mouth. stiles was really in need of a challenge. this man was that challenge.

he got closer and saw a beautiful gold watch hugging the man's wrist, he was holding a phone to his ear and speaking with clipped words. the man was angry, this would make it a whole lot easier. his wallet was tucked absentmindedly into his back pocket. perfect.

the gears turned in stiles' head, he came up with a pretty simple plan. hopefully effective.
pulling out a dud phone he kept stashed away he stuck his head down and walked directly towards the man as if not seeing him, when stiles got a bit closer he 'tripped' over his shoelaces and slammed into the man.

"oh my god dude im so sorry"
stiles frantically apologised scrambling up, unlatching the man's watch and placing it in his own pocket.

"get the fuck off me"
the man growled.

"o-of course"
stiles placed his hands either side of the man, quickly grabbing the wallet and scrambled up.
"again super sorry"

and stiles hurried off. that didn't feel much like a challenge if he was honest. he slipped into an alleyway and jumped up the wall, latching onto the fire escape and pulling himself over. he hurried up the metal stairs and breathed a sigh of relief when he reached the top.
he sat on the ledge overlooking the street and pulled out the wallets. luckily his leather gloves stopped any fingerprints leading back to him although he was already known just impossible to catch.

the impossible to catch bit always made stiles swell with a little pride. they nicknamed him 'silk touch' cause he could always get his hands on stuff without anyone knowing.

the biggest thing he stole was a diamond encrusted ornamental egg, he had hacked into the millionaires security system and shut everything off then he sneaked in through the window and clung to the ceiling with his own personal equipment before grabbing it and leaving without a trace.

there were many other cases surrounding him yet no one could pinpoint who he was or where he lived. he made sure how he stole was pretty unpredictable so no one could guess his motives or anything to help them.

stiles was smart, incredibly smart, that's why he knew exactly how to keep them in the dark.

he looked out again at the street and saw the angry man patting his pockets, stiles couldn't see his face but the orders he must have given his body guards said it all. stiles snickered a little at the reaction, as if planned the man spun around on his heel, looking directly at where stiles was just sitting. stiles had ducked down as soon as the man began to turn, praying he was fast enough. he stayed there for a few minutes before peeking over, the man was no longer there. good. stiles settled back down.

he opened the first wallet, 500 dollars, not bad for cash. the second, 40 dollars and an amex platinum card. this was nice, he'd have to take the money quickly though, before the card got blocked.

the rest of the wallets held not much really, one had a picture of a man and his family, stiles felt a lang of guilt and longing wash over him but pushed it aside. he had pocketed two more platinum cards as well as the money from all of them.

the final wallet was the rich angry guy, stiles admired the watch and turned it over noticing a triskelion  etched onto the back, he ran his fingers over the dents, it was beautiful, he smiled a little before opening the wallet.

so much fucking money.

stiles gaped at the two platinum cards and the wad of cash in there. there were numbers with small writing underneath about cartels or mafias and firearms sellers.

who the fuck was this guy? stiles looked for a name but found none, the initials stood out in gold writing D.H. damon? david? deaton? dale? stiles didn't know but he suddenly felt a little uneasy, he quickly hid the wallets on the roof and made his was down the fire escape.

the feeling of uneasiness didn't leave him even as he reached his flat. sighing he pushed the door open and slammed it behind him, making sure to double lock it.

stiles would go to bed but he knew he wouldn't sleep, instead he planned his next robbery. hoping this would stop his mind nagging him about someone watching.

hi.