finally alright

"is everyone ready? isaac- did you lay the table? scott- did you take the brownies out? erica- are the rooms tidy? boyd- no suspicious activity? peter- did you get the drinks? and for gods sake did anyone tell them to come
at seven?"

stiles asked the little group infront of him. they all nodded aside from the final question- which was met with awkward shuffles and avoiding his gaze. stiles was ready to snap. he'd spent the entire morning getting everything ready for the merging. Now they might not even show up. a figure stepped beside him, placing a comforting hand on the small or his back. Derek was wearing

"i sent them the invites. don't worry"

stiles visibly relaxed at that, his whole body deflating in relief.

"thank you"
he mumbled sincerely, leaning subtly into the contact. derek rubbed a thumb over his back and turned to the rest. it had been two weeks since the big fight. now it was time to make changes and start afresh. some of malias contacts were still lurking ominously behind corners and it unnerved the still recuperating pack.

"are we all ready?"

he asked with a quirked eyebrow. they nodded with nervous grins.

"good"

-

7pm rolled around and the neighbouring pack showed up on the dot. everyone was dressed nicely and all were relatively nervous. tonight was when derek asked them to join the pack. if it doesn't go to plan then they will be made enemies by rights. no one wanted that.

it was tense for a while, just like the first time kiras pack had come by. but stiles quickly put ethan and aiden to work with him in the kitchen. peter obviously helped too and isaac tried to sneak a couple brownies.

scott invited kira to a game of mario kart which she happily accepted, beating all of them including allison much to everyone's surprise and allisons horror.

then, whilst stiles was finishing preparation derek took the four on a tour whilst peter stayed behind to help dish out.

"it's going well right?"

stiles whispered to peter. he hummed in response.

"yeah. you noticed a certain couple soon to form?"

stiles smirked.
"you mean jackson and danny?"

peter rose an eyebrow
"huh, so you caught on about jackson and lydia? didn't  think you were so observant"

stiles snorted.
"don't be an ass, we've spent an extensive amount of time gossiping and discussing in here. you and i both know those two were just friends- jackson was standing in a glass closet he though only lydia knew of"

peter let out a hearty laugh, clapping stiles on the back harshly.

"is it bad i'm glad derek kidnapped you?"

"not at all. is it bad that i'm glad too?"

they both chuckled softly, placing the final plate as the group returned. they looked famished. all of them crowded around the table, taking their respective places.

"thank you all for coming"

derek said loudly as the entire table, even kiras pack waited for him to eat first. once he took his first bite they all feasted. complimenting stiles' cooking wholeheartedly. he beamed, radiating happiness and comfort for the rest of the meal.

just before pudding was served derek tapped his glass lightly. all eyes turned to him, he rose slowly, straightening his crisp shirt and tie. stiles may have looked a little too long at the tightly fitted shirt, no one noticed aside from peter who shot him a smirk.