loving care

it was late in the night- morning actually, the rest of the pack had resigned to bed. stiles sat on the edge of the bath. he was wearing a grey t-shirt derek had leant him-the ruined hoodie was currently soaking in the kitchen- and joggers which were much too big. stiles softly kicked his legs as derek knelt in front of him carefully cleaning each cut, scrape and bruise. with feather light touches he cleaned stiles' wrists. they still glared an angry red, he bandaged them with a little of stiles' antiseptic and pain numbing cream being as cautious as possible. not wanting to hurt the werefox more.

derek gave the clean bandages as soft pat as he finished before looking up. his eyes met stiles'. derek reached a hand up and wiped a bit of dried blood off stiles' face carefully. he had a look filled with sadness and worry.

since they had gotten back five hours ago derek had not left stiles' side once. he stuck to him like glue and stiles did not mind in the slightest. he was still massively on edge and much quieter than usual, all the pack were trying to comfort him.

derek stopped. his hand rested on stiles' cheek as he studied his features slowly. like he was scared stiles would disappear again so he needed to memorise each mole littered like stars on his face. he tiled his face and ran his finger along his jawline.

stiles reached out and ran a hand down his face softly.

"thank you"
he whispered.

derek smiled at him. a small smile- the ones which tug at the sides of your mouth. it wasn't much but it was so genuine. so filled with content. stiles took a shaky breath and dropped his eyes to the ground.

"i was so terrified. when i was down there... i wasn't even scared of getting sold- well of course i was- but i was more worried about what you believed. i was so concerned that you thought i betrayed you. the pack. i don't know but... derek i'm serious. i would never ever leave you guys- if i'm honest... originally i would have. now though- i can't imagine my life without you all... especially you"

he whispered the last part but derek still heard. he kept his small smile and tilted stiles' face so he was looking at him again.

"when you were gone. i was filled with anger for a while- i did feel betrayed but i didn't stop looking for a sign. isaac did too. he's the entire reason we found you really. when you weren't here it felt like a part of me was missing. i- i never experienced that before and i never want to again. your one of us, you belong here with the pack... with me."

he said sincerely. he looked deep into stiles' caramel eyes. stiles felt his heart leap up to his throat. that was so unlike him. it's like a switch had been flipped.

it had though- it finally dawned on derek just how much he cared about the fox. they stayed there for a moment- inches away from one another.

stiles leaned forward before he could stop himself. his lips met dereks for a brief moment- brushing across them lightly before going to pull back- ready with a monologue on how sorry he was for doing that. derek didn't let him. he softly grabbed the back of stiles' head and pressed them back together. savouring stiles' soft lips against his own. stiles rubbed his thumb against dereks stubble slowly. as he melted under dereks touch.

after a moment they pulled away for air.

"i'm-"

stiles began but derek cut him off.

"don't you dare apologise"

he mumbled. stiles shut his mouth and offered a shy smile. he resisted the urge to yawn and it only just dawned on derek that it was 9am. they hadn't slept yet.

if both of them were tired though, that's what they would do.

"come on. let's go to bed"

derek said softly. he pulled stiles up and led him by his hand back to their room. stiles was floored by his coziness. his openness. he was shocked by everything actually but he loved it. craved each brush of their skin, the looks derek would shoot to him as if confirming he was truly there. something about it felt perfect- like puzzle peices finally clicked together. something about he and derek together was... for want of a better word... perfect.

it had felt empty when stiles wasn't there. now with him back the air had finally rid itself of that suffocating nothingness. stiles stumbled into the bed. barely kicking off his trousers before slipping under the covers. derek did the same and once under the duvet he reached out and pulled stiles towards him. he mad missed stiles' warmth. he had missed everything about stiles actually. stiles tucked his head against dereks chest sighing with content. their legs tangled together as derek buried his head into stiles neck. inhaling vanilla and cinnamon happily/ his arms tightened around stiles protectively. he carefully ran his his hand and face on stiles' neck. ridding it of the other wolves smells until only his remained. their scents mixed as the two drifted off. safe and happy (and madly in love)

this was just a fluff chapter. so a little short. j realised how long this book has become with absolutely no sterek. so might as well start now. anywho hope it's alright